Saturday, July 23, 2011

the Y

On Wednesday, Dar & I had the opportunity to brave hiking the Y here in good ol' Provo, UT. It's a BIG concrete Y up on the mountain that thousands of people visit each year. Someone said it's the biggest concrete letter in the world...but I didn't check the facts on that. We went with the youth from church and several leaders. I was invited to go because they needed more female adult leaders to hike, and since Dar is one of the adult male leaders I was happy to join them and hang out with him a bit more. It's been 5 years since we last hiked the Y and it was a good reminder as to how steep that hike is! We had a great time though. We considered taking Rori up the mountain with us, but I was glad that my friend, Jenn, volunteered to stay behind with her. Working our way up the steep trail was hard enough as it is...but totally worth it! I definitely recommend hiking the Y yourself if you're in the area and have never hiked the it before.

Just getting started!
Heather, Jenn, Aurora & me

Happy to be at the top together
Our group
(You can kind-of see the big white Y on the mountain in the background if you enlarge the picture)
Totally fun, and a great work out! I told Dar we should hike the Y once a month :)

No comments: