Sunday, July 31, 2011

Baby girl & other happenings...

I feel like I'm never going to get caught up on the things we've been doing, despite our almost non-existent summer with Dar working. (I SO appreciate everything you do, Bunches! YOU'RE THE BEST!!) So this is kind of a long post so I can feel more caught up on my blogging.

First things first--of course it's Rori :) She has 2 teeth now! Both came in this last week. Her little grin has gotten even cuter (didn't know that was possible). Although I still have yet to catch those pearly whites on the camera.

She's working really hard on trying to crawl..she gets a rug-burn on her forehead because she digs it into the ground. Silly.
So proud of herself for her effort :)
My cousin loaned us her exersaucer...Rori likes it as long as she doesn't have to be in it too long. I think her legs get tired.
She wanted to help me fold laundry the other day by holding onto the basket, so Dar just stuck her in it while it was full of clothes. She thought it was pretty cool.
Since she learned to roll over in her sleep she almost never sleeps on her back anymore.
And she usually wiggles out of her blanket by the time we check on her in the morning.
She's not sucking her thumb...just likes it in her mouth.
2nd: Camping [again]--This last weekend we took Rori on her 3rd campout this month! Our ward (a.k.a. church congregation) had a BBQ and campout on Friday, and we had a great time. Everyone was surprised we were staying overnight with such a young baby, and then even more surprised when we told them it was her 3rd time camping. Woot! Woot! We don't let having a new baby stop us from doing fun stuff! :)
My honeys
Snuggling my sleeping munchkin
The sunset was beautiful! We had an amazing view of the valley from the pavilion.
So pretty!
We had a really pretty sunrise the next morning too, and we got sprinkled on a little bit.
I bust up laughing every time I look at this picture. She's trying to feed herself rice cereal. You go, girl!
And last but not least: Food stuff!
Using my kitchen aid mixer (this was shortly after I got it, but I'm a little slow on the posting)
First thing made in the mixer...chocolate chip cookies! YUM!
We got our first crop of green beans from our garden. Super tasty! I just can't resist posting a picture.
And the other night I made these Stuffed Pizza Rolls I found on this website. Their rolls look tons better, and I actually got a bit frustrated because I couldn't get mine to roll up like they were supposed to--I made Dar take over. They still tasted great though and I'll have to give them another shot.
Still to come...Catching up on my #1 man and the cool stuff he's done this summer!
P.S. Can you believe tomorrow is August 1st?!?!

No comments: