Thursday, July 7, 2011

Proud to be an American!

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. Hands down. It was even better this year just because we have our sweet little munchkin with us. So what if she slept through the fireworks...and half of the parade? Oh yeah, and the Freedom Festival. She's the sweetest. Everything just seems better now that we have a baby in our family. Holiday's especially seem more fun automatically. Not that things weren't great before though.

In all seriousness, I am so proud to be an American. Dar and I both got a bit emotional when the flag went past us at the parade. I am so grateful for the service men and women who currently serve our country, have served our country in the past, and those who will in the future. We are able to enjoy the freedoms we do because of their service, and I am forever grateful for their sacrifices and the sacrifices of their families. I'm grateful to have so many relatives who have served our country, and especially grateful for the faith of our founding fathers. Our country wouldn't be what it is without the hand of God. It's sad to me that so many people seem to be losing their patriotism. We need to find it again. No questions asked.

Anyway, we hope you had a great time celebrating the freedom of our country just like we did. Now for the visuals :)

We had the whole weekend to celebrate. Fireworks were on Saturday.
The little lady liked the glow-sticks.
When the fireworks were over we got cozy & laid in the grass for an hour to let traffic die down a little bit. It worked! Plus, it was so nice to just lay in the grass, nice warm weather, just our little family (okay, and maybe some other people had the same idea too).
Our sweet baby getting sleepy at the parade on Monday
Fun, super easy, festive idea we made that I found on this blog. Loved them!
Our first Independence Day as a family :)

3 comments:

Elisa and Tyler said...

Such great pictures!! Aurora is such a cutie!! Oh and may I just say those strawberries look delish!!

Marci said...

OK, she is so darn cute! I remember when you looked like her! And yes, holidays are funner with kids. I LOVE YOU!!!!

Rebekah said...

I'm with you, I LOVE the 4th of July!