Friday, February 11, 2011

2-11-11

I honestly can't believe we've had our little sweetheart with us for a whole month already! She has brought so much joy to our family in this last month and we can't wait to see what the future brings!

Things we've been learning and especially enjoying about the munchkin:

-She's really a pretty good sleeper. She wakes up a couple times at night to eat & then usually falls right back to sleep.
-She loves to be held during the day & really won't sleep during the day unless someone is holding her. Momma doesn't get a whole lot done, & showering before daddy comes home is sometimes a challenge, but I'm loving & cherishing every second!
-She's healthy!
-How she sucks on that cute little bottom lip!
-The adorable sounds she makes when she sleeps & when she eats.
-Her beautiful eyes--we think they're going to be blue like her daddy's eyes.
-Daddy gets to help feed her--because she won't breastfeed. Stinker.
-She's smart! She already knows our feeding routine while she waits for mama to pump & she knows how to get mom & dad to do what she wants. She's got us both wrapped around her little finger :)
-She's little, which we love! But we're loving watching her grow & chunk up too.
-LOVE kissing those tiny little cheeks & fingers!
-She notches her eyebrows like daddy does when he's focused on something.
-She's starting to like bath time better & loves having her head scrubbed.
-She likes being in the car--as long as the car is in motion.
-She's a happy, mellow baby most of the time. She really only cries when she wants/needs something.
-And I honestly love the sound of her little cry & her pouty face.
-I could add a bunch of other things too, but I'll leave it at that.

I am LOVING being a mom! It's way better than I imagined, but it probably helps that we have a really good baby. It's so fun to be able to stay home & hang out with this little cutie all day. I am learning to adjust to not having as much one-on-one time with Dar, and it's been hard for me to have him leave to work on his church callings sometimes when he's been gone all day and I just want to be with him. But he's so patient with me and is helping me adjust.

D loves being a dad. He's so cute with A and always helps when I ask him to. No questions asked. He has really stepped up to the plate & I've learned so much from him about parenting already just by watching how good he is with A. He loves reading & singing to her & he can't wait for her to know how much he loves her.

We both agree that parenting is true bliss. Even with interrupted sleep!

We love you, A! We're SO happy to have you in our family!

1 comment:

Paige said...

Happy one month, Aurora! Congrats to you and Darwin for getting through the first month! We can't wait to meet her sometime!