Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Because of my two loves I am so blessed!

I know, I know. We're totally on blog post over-kill here, but I would really feel ungrateful if I didn't put this post up.

I was seriously thrilled that Dar got Valentine's day off--even if it was a furlough day for his school district and he doesn't get paid for it. No biggie. The time we got to spend together was well worth the decrease in salary! D surprised me by bringing home flowers on Saturday, and Sunday we got to just hang out and be together as a family. Yesterday for Valentine's day we braved the Valentine's crowd and went on a "family date" to the movies and out to lunch. It was so nice to just be together, and especially to spend our first Valentine's day together as a FAMILY and not just as a couple, ya know?

I truly feel so blessed to be married to the man of my dreams. He is my best friend in every sense of the word and I am a better person because of him. I feel so blessed to have sweet A in our family. I was reflecting this morning on the life D & I have had together over the last few years and how wonderful our lives have been with just the two of us, but how it just feels so much more complete with A with us now. My two honey's have colds right now (we won't mention my first-time-parenting panic yesterday when I realized A caught her daddy's cold and is congested up the wazoo) but they're both troopers and doing awesome despite the congestion. I keep asking myself how I got so lucky to have the most amazing husband and the best little girl anyone could ask for. But since I can't come up with the answer, I'll just soak up every second I get to spend with both of them!

Happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

Jared & Tracee said...

Happy Valentines to your family! Love and miss you guys!

Melody said...

Greetings from Michigan...
I know you don't know me, but I wanted to share that I discovered your blog just by chance one day as I was scrolling randomly through them. This was probably six months ago and I have been hooked ever since. Your amazing love and dedication to your sweet family encourages and inspires me daily. You have a beautiful family and your faith is an inspiration to many!
God bless!
Melody :)

Darwin + Kiara said...

Thank you so much for your comment Melody. We are glad that you can feel the joy that we do. And God bless you too!