Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Updates

I wasn't planning to put up a 6 week post, but we have so many cute pictures from the last couple of weeks that I can't resist posting some. And I seriously can't believe we've had this amazing little girl in our lives for 6 weeks already! Holy smokes! It feels like she's always been with us and I honestly can't imagine my life without her anymore. With A turning 6 weeks old today, we hit a major milestone this morning...she finally got a real smile out for her first time!! Yay!! She's been working on it for a while & I've loved watching her try to smile but only managing an adorable little smirk (I wish I had captured it on camera), although she has been smiling in her sleep for a while, but that doesn't really count. It totally made my day to see her smile at me this morning, even if it only lasted for a second. I just wish D had been here to see it too.

On Saturday A got to meet more friends and cousins. D's best friend was in town visiting and we got to meet up with him and his family for lunch & a little Wii playing, but unfortunately I didn't get any pictures. Then Saturday night we had dinner with some of my cousins, who also got to meet A for their first time. They were so excited to meet their new cousin!

A & her cousin, Jessy
Her cousin, Aeryka
And Robby

And then here's more random pictures, just for kicks and giggles.

Chillin' on the couch & watching Mary Poppins with Mom
She is sporting some major baby zits right now, but I think they're slowly getting better.
A's archer pose...she does this one a lot.
In the last week or so she's been finding something to put in her mouth when she's sleeping. Sometimes it's just one finger, or her thumb, the side of her hand, or the sleeve of her shirt. She doesn't really suck on it, she just wants it in her mouth.
Sleeping in with her Momma
Taking a nap the same day with her Daddy
And in honor of President's Day yesterday, here's A showing her support to bring back the Whig Party :)
Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

Paige said...

Wow, 6 weeks already! Love the picture of her finger in her mouth. :)

Jenny M said...

Love it! You guys are hilarious! She's so beautiful!

Jared & Tracee said...

love the pictures. I laughed so hard at the sleeping picture with her finger in her mouth!!

Anonymous said...

So cute! You make a great looking kid!