Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Birthdays!

My hubby and I are lucky enough to not only celebrate our birthdays in the same month, but in the same week!  We love having our birthdays so close.  Dar turned 32 on Sunday and I'm 26 today.  Happy Birthday to us!!

We're enjoying lots of free food thanks to birthday clubs at various local restaurants, the beautiful sunshine and warmth of summer time, and just being together.  Our birthday present to each other this year is a new almost-floor-to-ceiling custom cabinet for our kitchen.  Yay!  It'll be installed mid-July and I'll post pics of that when it comes around.  I'm SO excited for our new cabinet!!

Dar's sister, Georgiana, was in town this year for his birthday, so we got to spend a fun weekend camping with the fam, and then birthday celebration with them on Sunday.  We love you, family!! Thanks for all your love and support!

I gave Dar a tripod for Father's Day last week, and he's been having fun trying it out.  On Sunday we took a picture of our family near a special fruit tree at Deming National Park (aka, Grandma & Grandpa's house).  Dar's parents planted a nectarine tree in honor of our sweet Nastassia and we decided to get a picture with the tree since we can't take a picture with our angel baby.

 The first nectarine!
As always, most of our pictures are of Aurora :) 
She loves jumping on the trampoline
 Strolling through the grass :)
 
 Pointing at the horses next door
 Just a cute expression :)
 Back on the trampoline with Dad
 It took 4 people to light all of Dar's candles this year!
 And some extra help from some of the kidlets to blow them out :)
 Darwin: This picture is required for the next one to make sense.  It is a family joke.  On my 11th birthday I wanted a cookie cake.  To take the picture I had to hold it up, but it kept sliding off the tray, so I held it up with two fingers.  Notice the finger preference.  I'm just emphasizing that it is my 11th birthday by pointing it out.  LOL.
 For old times' sake. Silly kid.
 Birthday boy and his baby girl.  Love you two!
No pictures from my birthday, but it was still great!  Thanks for making our birthdays fun and spreading the celebration out over the whole week, babe.  Love you!

1 comment:

Donna Moore said...

Happy Birthday to both of you !!! I love the Nectarine tree, I am sure it will bear beautiful fruit for years to come with all the love that Nastassia will send for it. I also love the picture of Aurora strolling through the grass !!!!