Saturday, June 30, 2012

Family Camp-out 2012

You may not remember this post from last year, but we're starting to make it a family tradition to go camping for a night when Dar's sister, Georgiana, is in town visiting from Pittsburgh.  I must admit it was a bit harder camping this year having to chase our toddler around everywhere and watching her get filthier and filthier from playing in the dirt.  Last year was much easier when she'd just sit on our laps and just smile at everyone.  We had a blast though, and we love when Anna Janna is in town visiting.

And now for the photo documentation.  The part I love best...looking back at the memories :)
My babes hanging out in the hammock
 I was a neglectful parent shortly after we got there and set up camp.  I put Aurora in Dar's camping chair and she scooted herself enough to tip forward and bonk her head really good on the edge of the fire pit.  She got a HUGE goose-egg immediately and was kind of sad for a bit (I was too because I felt really bad that I let it happen), so we let her play in the water and get soaking wet to help her feel better.  Thanks, Andrea, for playing in the water with Rori! 


 See the goose-egg?  Ouchie!
It was gone the next morning though, and you can hardly see the bump now.

 As I said...playing in the dirt :)
 Anna Janna and Aurora playing in the truck
 Water coolers = fun drums :)
 Playing in the dirt...again.
 The hammocks were definitely put to good use!
Playing in the creek to cool off!
 Cold water doesn't scare this little girl one bit!
 Drama queen?  Maybe.
 Baby girl with Grandma D
Love this girl!
  Squeegee-ing out her soaked diaper
 Andrea can make one mean fire
 Just chillaxin
 Hanging out with Uncle Sean
 Rori and Sloane played in the truck together for a while. So nice!

 Andrew and Ally in the hammock
 Hanging out with Emma
 Anna Janna
 Swinging with Emma again :)
I'm always tempted to post ALL our pictures (or at least most of them), but I think you get the feel.  We love making memories!

No comments: