Sunday, June 3, 2012

Bunches o' Butterflies

About a week ago I got a call from my BFF, Tracee, telling us to take a short drive and hike up a nearby canyon to check out all the butterflies hanging out around a small stream.  So we did, and I'm so glad!

The butterflies were everywhere around the water,
they were so beautiful and so fun to watch!








 Aurora kept trying to grab them if they sat still long enough,
and I was surprised that she actually did grab one!
 While I was recording Aurora trying to grab the butterflies, a small one landed on my finger :)
 Dar and Aurora ventured across the water to the other side of the stream
 Mesmerized by the water :)

 I think every kid has a favorite past-time of throwing rocks into water
 My loves :)
Thanks for telling us about the butterflies, Trace!  I'm glad we took the time to enjoy the beauty of God's creations!

4 comments:

Jared & Tracee said...

I'm so glad that they were still there! What great pics!

Casey said...

Wow how fun! My kids would love that. Aurora is so adorable! It was so fun to meet up with you guys too! Hopefully we will be able to share good stories about bee experiences this year :) How is your new queen? Did the hive take to her? We actually had to requeen on of our hives too. We have to wait a couple of weeks to see how she took. Hope to keep in touch!

Casey said...

Love the butterflies! They are so cool! My kids would love that! Aurora looks so cute!! It was good to catch up with you as well! Hopefully we can share some positive bee experiences this year :) How did your hive take to your new queen? Hope you have a great summer and hope to keep in touch!

Casey said...

Love the butterflies! They are so cool! My kids would love that! Aurora looks so cute!! It was good to catch up with you as well! Hopefully we can share some positive bee experiences this year :) How did your hive take to your new queen? Hope you have a great summer and hope to keep in touch!