Monday, August 20, 2012

Wild Flowers at Snowbird

Last Wednesday my BFF, Tracee, called me up and asked if we wanted to spend the afternoon with her and the kids adventuring up at Snowbird for wild flowers.  Dar ended up being a little bit late for scouts, but I'm so glad he came with us and that we decided to join the adventure.  We all felt bad that we ditched Jared because he had to work, but it was so much fun any way and I totally look forward to doing it again!

We rode the Tram to get to the top of the mountain

On the Tram looking up the mountain
 Aurora and Mr. P had front row seats and the best viewing spot
 Completely relaxed and ready for the ride
 It really was pretty cool to ride the Tram, despite my nervousness and slight fear of heights.  Aurora certainly loved it.
 Our family at the top of the mountain
 Cool shot looking down the valley
 Wild flowers!
 Yeah, she still fits in the carrier, although I'm more determined to get a cool hiking carrier like Tracee has for P after this trip
 Trace and her kidlets, and probably the ONLY picture we got of P not doing gangster signs with his hands the whole trip
 Us again :)
 Beautiful flower shots
(Dar took a ton, but I'm only posting a few)
 
 
I like this photo of us
 Dar sneaked in a shot of himself :)
Aurora spotted a "birdie" and it was really cool that it flew around over us for several minutes.  Dar got quite a few shots of it, but this one is my favorite
 Aurora had to hold hands with everyone at some point on our adventure.  I love that she and P liked holding hands the most though.  Cute babies.
 We walked through a cool tunnel on our way to the ski lift to take us back down the mountain
 I was really pretty nervous to ride the ski lift back down the mountain and really thought I wanted to hike back up to the Tram for the ride back down, but I was determined to give the ski lift a try (I've only ridden a lift up the mountain a couple of times to ride the Alpine Slide in Park City, and it's been several years).  I made Dar strap Rori to him before we got on though.  Having her strapped to me would have made me even more nervous.
 Dar and Aurora on the lift
(Love her hair blowing in the breeze, and that you can see my reflection in Dar's glasses)
 Tracee and the kids were in front of us
 I really did enjoy the ride after we got past the first couple of towers...see?  I'm smiling :)
 I think it was about here that I told Dar I really wanted to see the moose Tracee's brother had told us about.  Just then, Dar saw some movement off to our right, and there was totally a moose!! We only caught a glimpse of it and didn't get any pictures.  But it totally made the trip that much better--moose are my favorite animals for anyone who didn't know.
 
 
Thanks again for the invite, Tracee.  We love going on adventures with our favorite Aussies!!  Next time we promise not to go without you Jared.  It just wasn't the same without you!

P.S.  Check out Tracee's post on our trip here.  She has some cool pictures too, and some facts and details I didn't include in our post :)

No comments: