Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Park City

This short trip was actually over a month ago, but with not being able to upload pictures and Aurora taking shorter naps now-a-days I've fallen behind in my blogging.  I'm hoping to get all caught up on my blogging before the end of the year.  I guess it helps that we haven't had too many exciting things going on around here so I don't have too much to catch up on :)

Darwin is part of a group of teachers from his school district that meet about once a month or so to discuss teaching and other concerns teachers come across.  For their November conference spouses were invited to go stay in Park City with them.  We were the only ones who brought our kid (they didn't really want kids up there, but since she's just a toddler we were allowed to bring her).  We kind of have this weird thing about not liking to leave Aurora for long periods of time, so it was an adventure for me for sure!  Darwin was in meetings for the good part of both days we were up there so I had the challenge of occupying our toddler without the comfort of home, no DVD player, and no Disney Junior channel.  It was an exciting challenge for sure!  She and I did some shopping the second day we were there but we spent a good amount of time entertaining ourselves in the hotel room around Dar's meetings and nap time both days.

Beautiful scenery driving up Provo Canyon to Park City
Photobucket 
 It was nice to have fairly fresh snow to make the drive so beautiful!
Photobucket
Unfortunately the sun was just right that it was in Aurora's eyes a good part of the drive up.  We tried the best we could to keep her eyes shaded but she was cracking us up with her own techniques :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Steam coming off Deer Creek Reservoir - so pretty!
Photobucket
Luckily Dar was able to get Rori and I checked into the hotel early so I could try to get her down for a nap, which worked out perfectly! Dar got all his meals provided, but Rori and I were on our own.  This picture of her at lunch cracks me up too :)
Photobucket
Aurora and I spent some time entertaining ourselves by taking a gazillion goofy pictures of ourselves in the hotel room while we were waiting for Dar to get done with his meetings.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Dar got done with his meetings and we took Aurora swimming before going out to dinner with the group
Photobucket
My cuties trying to get warm in the hot tub
 Photobucket
The water was warm but the air in the pool area was pretty cold.  Look at the snow outside behind them!  Brr!!
Photobucket
 We don't have a pack-n-play, so with having two queen beds we improvised and made sure Aurora wouldn't fall off the bed during the night.  I sure hope she was cozy . . . she definitely looked like she was!
Photobucket
 Rori entertaining herself with one of our phones as we were packing up to head home.
Photobucket
 We turned the heat down in our house while we were gone for just overnight.  Before we got home Dar and I took bets to see who had the closest guess as to what the temperature was going to be.  I don't remember who won (I think it was me, haha) but either way, it was COLD in our house!!
 Photobucket
It was a fun little trip to get away for a night, but I don't know if Aurora and I will go up to Park City with him for his conference again.  We like our routine at home :)

No comments: