Saturday, November 30, 2013

11.22.13 - 8 months!

Our sweet Savannah Belle turned 8 months old last Friday. It doesn't seem real that our baby is 8 months old.  I guess I just have to accept that reality whether I really want to or not.
 photo DSC03509_zps1660f17c.jpg
At EIGHT months:
-Savannah is SO close to crawling!  She's up on her hands and knees all the time, rocking back and forth.  Or she'll straighten her legs so she's in downward dog position, and push with her toes.  It's pretty cute, but I'm still not sure I'm ready for a mobile baby!
-Even though she's not quite crawling yet, she rolls everywhere!  She can get pretty much where ever she wants to go by rolling there.
-She learned how to pull herself up to the coffee table.  She did it for the first time on November 20th.  She hasn't gotten into standing position on her own yet, but she is getting better and better every time.
-She's getting better at feeding herself finger foods and loves doing it.  She LOVES Grandma Sycamore's white bread (it's a delicious Utah brand), cheerios, Gerber puffs, and most recently--bananas.
-She LOVES to play in the tub.  As soon as we start the water and get her undressed, she almost lunges into the bathtub.  She loves to play and splash.
-She loves to be up-side-down and is getting more comfortable with us throwing her up in the air.  She doesn't love being thrown into the air all the time, but sometimes she thinks it's pretty great.
-She's always so happy and smiley.
-She LOVES when Daddy comes home, and loves to have Daddy and Aurora make her laugh.
-She's a momma's girl, and I love that she is.  I cherish the time when it's just me and Savy having some snuggle time--usually before nap time or bed time.
-She's pretty particular about her sleeping.  She's a GREAT sleeper, but loves to be in her crib with her room dark and quiet.  She has a hard time sleeping for a good amount of time away from home.  I don't blame her.  I like my bed too.
-She always wakes up happy in the mornings.  I love waking up to her happy sounds and babbles.
-She shakes her head "no" really well when we're trying to give her something she doesn't want.  It's pretty cute.
-She has started to wave a little bit.  So far she hasn't done it for anyone else besides us.  She can do it though!
-We started her on formula last week because I'm starting to lose my milk.  It makes me sad.  I'm still going to stick with feeding her "mommy milk" as long as I can, but we're supplementing with formula now.  I'm glad she takes it really well and that she's finally taking a bottle!  Good news for those cousins who babysit for us all the time :)
-She's getting more chatty and babbling a ton now.  I love that she says "ma-ma" and even "mom" the most.
-She loves to pull Aurora's hair and takes the opportunity any time Rori's head gets close to her little fingers.  Silly girl.
-I guess she likes hair in general.  She likes to play with and/or pull mine when I'm nursing her.  She seems to especially like playing with my hair when it's wet.  She always tries to eat it--but don't worry--I don't let her.
-Her personality is developing more and more.  She's still our little sweetheart and such a precious little thing.
 photo DSC03437_zpsec8ac93f.jpg
She rolled herself into this corner--but she was able to get herself out of it too!
 photo DSC03443_zpsa932055c.jpg
We finally bought a high chair off KSL for $25.  No more sitting in the Bumbo to eat. It was so worth the drive to Bountiful.
 photo DSC03456_zps7a043ce8.jpg
Getting ready to start crawling!
 photo DSC03487_zpsd6c1398f.jpg
And she's a pro-roller in the meantime.
 photo DSC03489_zpsc0350b58.jpg
 photo DSC03491_zps25fc9034.jpg
Our beautiful brown-haired baby
She was pretty wiggly and uncooperative for her 8 month photo shoot, so I had to take lots of pictures trying to get a good one.  I got several cute ones though and I love that you can start to get a sense of her personality a little bit in these pictures.
 photo DSC03508_zpsfc3a0615.jpg
 photo DSC03510_zps783dfbe0.jpg
  photo DSC03514_zpsbc70ea61.jpg
 photo DSC03517_zps7d9b2244.jpg
 photo DSC03518_zpsc0b2479c.jpg
 photo DSC03520_zpseacefb0c.jpg
She loves to play with the doorstops
 photo DSC03523_zpsb12fc63a.jpg
She doesn't like to wear bows on her head.  Stinker.
 photo DSC03527_zpse1ec9529.jpg
Trying to pull it off again as soon as I put it back on :)
 photo DSC03529_zps41bb672f.jpg
Playing with her big sister
 photo DSC03531_zps52a8ac95.jpg
They like to wrestle
 photo DSC03538_zpsd6f50d25.jpg
BFFs!
 photo DSC03539_zpsd265cb34.jpg
Aurora still asks to hold Savannah.  It's funny because they're really almost the same size--Aurora's just taller.  They're only about 6 pounds apart right now.  Savy weighs about 19 pounds and Aurora is around 25 pounds :)
 photo DSC03544_zpsad65a64c.jpg
Savannah's usually a pretty good sport to put up with her sister.  It makes me a little nervous sometimes when Aurora tries to pick Savannah up though.
I also think it's fun that they seem to look more like each other the older Savannah gets.
We love you, Savannah Belle!  Happy 8 months, babe!

No comments: