Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A new chapter.

I have officially joined the world of working moms.  Kind of.

I've been really blessed to recently get hired on with vivint.  The best part, and huge deciding factor to even take the job, is that I get to work from home.

I honestly wouldn't do it otherwise.

It's a must and an enormous priority to Darwin and I that I stay at home to raise our children, and I have been so blessed to be able to do so.

I know that I make a huge contribution to our family by being a stay-at-home-mom, and I really love that I'm able to be home with our girls full time.  It's the best thing ever!! [Most days, that is :)]  It's nice that I now have the opportunity to contribute a little bit monetarily too though.

I've been working from home for about a month now, and I'm honestly learning to love it.  I do a minimum of 15 hours a week, and sometimes it's super hard to get my 3+ hours in a day, but I've been able to do it so far!  I do most of my work while the girls are sleeping--they don't let me work otherwise.  Days when they have two hour naps at the same time are even more wonderful to me now than ever before!  I appreciate the days when I don't have to stay up late working to get my time in.  I enjoy my sleep too much.

I feel really blessed that jobs have always somehow found me.  I really haven't ever searched very long or hard for a job.  This time, I was referred by our Young Men's president at church who Darwin has worked with in the Scouting program for 3+ years now.  I still feel extremely grateful to him that he thought of me, referred me, and gave me this great opportunity to work for a great company.

I feel so blessed.  It's hard and challenging.  And it's already so rewarding.  My manager told me on the phone the other day that she's so glad I'm "getting it" and that she's so glad she hired me.  It's nice to get that feedback :)  She's so patient with me and been so great to work with already.  I've learned a ton from her in the last few weeks.

I'm so grateful I'm enjoying this new chapter.  I'm  so very grateful for Darwin's love and support, and also grateful for my awesome cousins who watch our girls all the time for us to have our date-nights to the Temple and so I can go to into the office for meetings when I need to.  Alice and Martha, you're both so great and angels to take our girls on a monthly-basis (sometimes more).

SO, what do I do?  I'm working in vivint's field service billing department and do billing-type stuff.  I'm joining a team of about 15 employees and all are moms with kids and we all work from home.  We're a unique department in the company but really effective at what we do.

It's great to have this opportunity, and a big answer to our prayers.

3 comments:

Koon Family said...

You are so awesome sweet girl! We can't begin to tell you how proud we are of you and Dar and your little family & how you are living your lives! You will be and are so blessed! I love you! xo

Rebekah said...

That is a great blessing. I'm glad it's working out for you. And I'm glad you know how blessed you are. :)

Bethany C. said...

Answers to your prayers help build up the faith of others as well as your own! Thanks for sharing!