Friday, November 29, 2013

November

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!  I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and that you were able to spend it with family, or really awesome friends if you didn't have the chance to be with family :)  I love Thanksgiving and the opportunity we all have to be grateful for all of our blessings (although we should be grateful every single day!).  I'm so grateful and so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends who love me and support me in all I do.  I could go on and on about my blessings, but that's not really the purpose and intent of this post, although it would be great to do!

I'm finding myself with less and less computer time to do the things I want to do because I'm spending the computer time I get doing the things I need to do, and that's perfectly okay.  It just means I'm getting behind in my blogging again.  Oh, well.  We really didn't have a whole lot going on this month to blog about anyway, so I'll do my best to get as caught up as I can in this one post.  Here goes. . .

Aurora:
Believe it or not, this little girl of ours actually has enough hair to do braided piggy-tails!! Woot! Woot!  This is one happy momma!  Although I've only done it once, and it came out within a couple hours, but it was totally worth it.  Look how cute those braids are!!!  You usually can't tell how long her hair really is because of her cute curls.  I LOVE her curls but these braids were a huge stepping stone for us!
 photo DSC03451_zpse31580ca.jpg
Rori helped me a lot in the kitchen this month.  I love that she loves to help me cook.  Thanks for the cute apron, Nanny!  She loves to wear it when she helps me in the kitchen.  She was so happy I let her lick the beater when we made granola bars together.
(A little disclaimer--she doesn't like me to fix her hair most days anymore.  She either tells me she wants it in her face or she wants it "in the breeze".  Thus, her messy hair in most of the pictures below.  Funny girl.)
 photo DSC03458_zpsc74a0c03.jpg
 photo DSC03462_zpsb119114b.jpg
I tried to get her to help me gut some of our pumpkins to bake pumpkin seeds--one snack she LOVES to munch on--but she wasn't too fond of the slimey pumpkin guts.  She wanted me to take over pretty quickly, but I'm glad she tried something new :)
 photo DSC03463_zps26776588.jpg
 photo DSC03464_zps25f27367.jpg
One of the rare days she let me fix her hair, she also wanted to put on some makeup.  I gave her one of my eye shadows I don't use and let her go to town with it :)
 photo DSC03475_zps5999fd23.jpg
I told her that her makeup was so pretty and shiney and she said, "It's not shiney, Mom.  It's HAPPY!" (In her silly high-pitched voice she does)
 photo DSC03476_zpsf70192ea.jpg
Applying it to her chin.  I guess it needed some "happy" makeup too :)
 photo DSC03477_zpsd78eb7f8.jpg
Another one of the new things she does is making lovely faces when I'm trying to take pictures of her.  She thinks she's so silly!  You'll see more of these to come...
 photo DSC03479_zps0438499a.jpg
Dar did a demonstration at work with dry ice last week and brought the extra dry ice home.  Rori thought it was pretty cool stuff!
 photo DSC03481_zps7243236b.jpg
 photo DSC03482_zps47efaf3b.jpg
The story of the band-aid: Dar and I went to the temple last Saturday and Grandma and Grandpa came over to watch the girls for us.  While we were gone Rori hit her head on her bed and got a band-aid to help her feel better.  Well, she wouldn't let us take the band-aid off.  So, it stayed on from Saturday afternoon until Tuesday night.  I had to sit on her to pull it off--I made sure it got nice and wet in the tub before hand though.  She had a nice red spot on her forehead from the band-aid being on for so long.  I hope she learned a lesson.
 photo DSC03562_zpsc8510c43.jpg

Sisters:
I'll save Savannah's pictures and updates for her 8 month post.  So, here are some of the girls together.  I love that they love each other so much!  Aurora loves her baby sister and Savy just adores Aurora.  We're so blessed to have such great kids!
They love to snuggle together in the mornings.  It's pretty cute.  Two of Savy's favorite things are Aurora and her bunny.  They make her happy :)
 photo DSC03393_zps834af17c.jpg
Aurora loves to play in the pillows on our bed.  Savannah gets in on the action sometimes too.
 photo DSC03438_zps2a1090cc.jpg
A few weeks ago we spent some time outside in the really warm November weather watching Daddy help Grandpa clean up a great big Cottonwood tree.  Aurora found a grasshopper and had a great time watching it jump around in the grass.
 photo DSC03444_zps57482032.jpg
She also loves to play with sticks.
 photo DSC03449_zps85555f89.jpg
Savannah wasn't so sure what to do with the grass.
 photo DSC03445_zpsc84466c4.jpg
 photo DSC03446_zps1ba0ae39.jpg
 photo DSC03447_zpse3d3ba08.jpg
This is my favorite.  They were so cute with their snuggles a couple days ago so I took lots of pictures.
 photo DSC03465_zpse7991077.jpg
 photo DSC03467_zps021ac7fe.jpg
 photo DSC03468_zps9360e56a.jpg
Such cute, happy sisters!
 photo DSC03469_zpsda6658df.jpg
So precious.
 photo DSC03473_zpsd865e592.jpg
I guess that basically sums up November, except for our holiday stuff.  I'll post those later.
Happy November and Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Koon Family said...

I love these two posts! It's so fun to see the girls together. They are so adorable. Love you all so much! xo