Friday, August 22, 2008

The Proper Portion

So, for the last little while Darwin & I have been trying to cut down on the amount of food we consume in an attempt to eat proper portion sizes (and lose some weight in the process). We've also been trying to cut back on sweets and eat healthier foods in an attempt to just be healthier. Imagine that :) We've been doing fairly well so far.

Last night at dinner, however, I freaked Darwin out a little bit. He was helping me make tacos for dinner so we could eat before I had to go Visiting Teaching. He was grating cheese and cutting up the veggies. I was cooking the meat & working on getting corn-on-the-cob in a pot of boiling water. As we were cooking we were just chatting it up, as usual, until he looked in the pot the corn was going in and saw only 1 corn-on-the-cob in the pot. He got a little nervous about it and asked me, "Do we have to share a corn? Talk about taking our diet to an extreme!!" Hahahaha! I just busted up laughing! It was soo hilarious to me! I guess he didn't realize that it either takes 4 hands, or two people to shuck 2 corn at one time. But, because I only have 2 hands, was only able to shuck 1 corn at a time and had just barely put the first corn in the pot. Once I gained some composure I was able to explain that simple concept to him, and we were able to enjoy our dinner, each with our own whole corn-on-the-cob. :) You're such a cutie, Dar! I love you!

1 comment:

Marci said...

That story rocks! good luck with eating healthy! Its a great goal. We are working on the same thing at my house!.