Monday, August 25, 2008

Woo Hoo!!

First of all, Darwin is back at school, and today is his first day with students. Hopefully all goes well. But my feelings about him being at school is not the reflection I was trying to portray with the title of this post. I'm actually pretty bummed that it's time for school again. I just want summer to go on and on so we can keep playing :)

The reason I felt like giving out a "Woo Hoo" is because this morning after I dropped Darwin off at his carpooling spot, I heard on the radio that director Tim Burton is coming out with a new version of Alice in Wonderland!! Woo Hoo!!! Darwin and I are HUGE Tim Burton fans, so a new movie of his is totally exciting for us! And, what makes it even better is that he's teaming up with Johnny Depp again (I believe). According to the radio station, Johnny Depp will be playing the Mad Hatter.

The only thing is that I have to keep my fingers crossed that the rating of this movie will be permissable for Darwin and I to go see it. I was totally stoked when Sweeney Todd was coming out and then completely disappointed when I found out it was rated R. According to the Rotten Tomatoes website this Tim Burton version of Alice in Wonderland is supposed to be associated with Disney, and apparently in 3-D, like the Nightmare Before Christmas (one of our VERY favorites) and the Corpse Bride. But a few other websites don't confirm that information. Alice in Wonderland is set for release in theaters on March 5, 2010, so we have a while to wait for it. Bummer. I'm a little torn between whether I want it in 3-D or with live people. The websites I visited don't seem to agree on information, so I believe maybe it's still up in the air? I would LOVE to see Johnny Depp play the Mad Hatter in person, but I've been wanting Tim Burton to make another 3-D animated movie as well. I'm sure not all of you are as excited about this as I am. Most people we run into aren't Tim Burton fans, but that's okay. We still love you :)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I think it will be really cool to see. Can't wait!
I love the picture of you guys at the top of your blog. So cute!