Monday, March 21, 2011

"I can do hard things."

It's one of my favorite motto's. I heard that quote during General Conference for our Church back in October 2008, and several things reminded me of it this morning. A sister in our ward is going through an extremely difficult trial right now and emailed me asking where I got the quote because I once shared it in Sunday school during one of our lessons. She remembered it and shared it with a couple of her friends during difficult trials of their own, who in turn have reminded her of it during her recent loss. Sister Elaine S. Dalton of the Young Women General Presidency shared it in her talk found here.

The other thing that reminded me of it was also in an email I got from my mom. This inspirational boy is in the family of one of my favorite seminary teachers back in High School. I remembered Brother Adams telling our class about his son Gabe, but it was neat to be reminded of him. What an amazing little boy! (I was trying to just embed the video, but it's not working for some reason. Click here to see the video.)

3 comments:

Koon Family said...

Hi Sweetie..I'm glad that Gabe's article brought back some good feelings. Have you ever told anyone of your "hard things" that you had to endure? I think you are such a wonderful example of "eduring well". I hope your friend finds comfort. I love you!

The Ostlers said...

I had forgotten about Brother Adams son Gabe, and I just want to thank you for posting this to remind me :) What an inspiration!

Paige said...

I remember that talk and loved that quote. I had forgotten all about it, so thanks for the reminder!

So fun to catch up on your blogs. Aurora is getting so big already! She is a good mix of you two.