Monday, March 28, 2011

Overwhelmed.

That is how my sweet hubby has been feeling the last few weeks. He has seriously been so busy and pretty stressed, but I think things are slowing down a little bit now. Thank goodness! He has 3 callings in our ward (not really sure why...we seriously have plenty of people to fill the positions). And not only does he have 3 callings, but they're all pretty major callings: 2nd counselor in the young men's presidency, scout master, and gospel doctrine teacher (it's my fault he still has this one though--they asked if he wanted to be released from teaching Sunday school when he was called into the YM presidency but I wasn't ready to teach on my own yet so I told him he had to keep teaching with me). He never complains though. He is that wonderful! He just gets super busy at times.

Even before he was called as the scout master, D was pretty much starting up the scouting program in our ward from scratch because not much had been done to get the program rolling forward. But now that he's the official scout master in the ward he completed a HUGE accomplishment this last week. He organized and held our ward's first court of honor! Granted, it's a fairly new ward (about 5 years old) and we don't have very many young men, but it's sad for the boys that no one has ever organized one for them before. D seriously did an AMAZING job!! Several leaders made the comment that D is the perfect man for this calling in our ward. And I agree 100%! The boys were so happy and quite excited to be recognized for their scouting accomplishments in front of their parents and other leaders. We had a great turn out considering the number of young men in our ward. I'm so glad it was successful! D put SO much time and effort into preparing and organizing the court of honor and I think the boys and other leaders now realize how important it is to hold one.

D teaching a popular scout song, Wadleley-Achee
He made a couple boys come up front and do it with him
The group.
This includes the old YM Pres who just moved out of the ward, and the 11 year old scouts.
Good job, sweetheart! Keep up the good work!

1 comment:

Darwin + Kiara said...

Thanks baby. I could do it without your full support and patience, even when I wake up in the middle of the night to write up my "To do" list. Thank you for take such sweet care of our daughter! Love you always!