Sunday, November 23, 2014

More Halloween Fun!

Decorating Pumpkins
Carving pumpkins with little tiny kids can be challenging.  So, we take the easy route for now and let our kids paint pumpkins instead.  Our Aussies came over for FHE on October 13th to paint pumpkins with us.  I didn't get good pictures of them or their pumpkins this time, but I promise they were there!  Jared missed out because he was in training for his new job as a commercial airline pilot!  Way to go, Jared!  We missed you, but we're so proud of you!!

Rori loved it so much she kept asking to paint another one.  I think she painted four pumpkins!  It's a good thing we grow our own! :)
 photo DSC07019_zps6b908c73.jpg
 photo DSC07025_zps6d1de5ad.jpg
I wish the picture wasn't fuzzy, but Rori's a cutie no matter what!
 photo DSC07032_zpsf5febb28.jpg
We thought paint was a little too messy for Savy, so she got to decorate her pumpkin with markers.  She loved it but only lasted so long.
 photo DSC07021_zps480f2333.jpg
I feel like a bad parent because I didn't take any pictures of their finished products.  Hopefully we'll be better with our picture taking next year!

Halloween Goodies!
One of the best things about the holiday season is making scrumptious goodies.  Last year my mom introduced us to this delicious pumpkin dip!  I LOVE pumpkin, and I LOVE whipped cream, so this is like heaven to me!  The girls love it too!  They think it's the best thing ever when I let them lick the beater any time I'm cooking :)
 photo DSC07042_zps216a703a.jpg
  photo DSC07044_zpsb4d3ab15.jpg
 For FHE one night I decided to make a festive refreshment so we ate Worms in Dirt.  The first time I remember eating Worms in Dirt I was in elementary school, and I've loved it ever since!  Dar and I enjoyed it...
 photo DSC07167_zpsdf30299a.jpg
...and the girls thought it was a pretty fun dessert to eat too :)
 photo DSC07153_zpsfe05a064.jpg
 photo DSC07164_zpse957fa3c.jpg
 photo DSC07166_zps02757fbd.jpg
 photo DSC07154_zps08c6620c.jpg
Mmm!  Tasty stuff!
 photo DSC07161_zps5bb59ef5.jpg
 Savannah made my heart jump while she was eating because she swallowed an ENTIRE gummy worm whole!  I panicked because I thought for sure she was going to choke on it, but she was fine.  Looking back, her reaction was hilarious because she looked like Aubrey Hepburn on My Fair Lady when she accidentally swallowed a marble.  Dar and I got a good laugh out of it once we realized she was totally fine :)
 photo DSC07170_zpsb4213e84.jpg

No comments: