Thursday, February 19, 2009

In Memory of Georgia Angelos

I wanted to take a moment to recognize Georgia Angelos, a teacher at my school at Union Middle in Sandy. She recently has passed away in a fight against cancer. I am sad that I didn't get a better chance to know her as she was absent for a good portion of this year and parts of last year, it also being my first year at Union. From what I did know, she was a caring teacher who thought about the best welfare of the students. It gives us a moment to reflect upon our lives and how fragile they can be, and focus our thoughts on what is to become hereafter. I am grateful for the testimony I have of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and am comforted by the knowledge that there is a Spirit World in death. I encourage all to maintain regular physical check-ups to prevent any health problems. Georgia will be greatly missed by her family, school faculty, and students.

No comments: