Friday, July 9, 2010

Kudos to my hubby!!

He has seriously been a hermit all week long. A prisoner to our office, computer chair, and keyboard. Writing his paper for his master's degree project has been much more than a full time job these past few weeks, and I admire his determination to put as much time into it as he has been--mostly because I know how hard it is for him to sit in there and focus when I'm at home distracting him :)

At this very minute he's slaving away in the office and I'm supposed to be editing the work he's done so far. I'm really impressed with the work he has done and look forward to seeing the completed project.

As a side note, this part is mostly for the two of us, for memory purposes. As I sit in the living room with his laptop editing his paper, we both have Skype open and we've been enjoying random spurts of conversations and laughter as we leave little comments for each other. Comments either about the music we're listening to, or random thoughts that pop in our heads. For instance: I sneezed earlier, and rather than saying "bless you," because I can hear him from where I sit, he typed "bless you" over Skype. I told him our IMing conversations remind me of teens with their phones attached to their hands. I love that we are able to laugh with each other so much, even in times of stress and attempted focus. Laughter makes life so much easier. And WAY more FUN!!

Thanks honey, for making life enjoyable. Even when there's work to be done. I love you!

P.S. Remember how I confessed in Sunday School this past week that we've been guilty of texting each other while sitting next to each other? Funny. The older people in our ward probably think we have issues :)

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Good luck on finishing!!

Jared & Tracee said...

Glad that it is almost done! When does he actually leave again? Funny that this trip will be one of the longest you will be away from each other and you buy a web cam for the lap top!

Robins Family said...

Awww, I love IMing my husband while we are in the same room or whatever! Even texting when we are sitting right next too each other is so fun! I think it adds some fun into things you normally would just say out loud! Its kinda romantic if you ask me. :o)

Janice said...

I miss you Kiara! And tell Darwin good luck on his paper. I have been stressing about what research project I will do for my masters and don't look forward to being in his shoes! Love to you both!!! Happy day!