Monday, July 12, 2010

Today I'm Grateful For. . .

Text messaging and Skype.

Seriously.

I brought my sweet husband to the airport this morning for the final shebang of his Master's degree. He's doing field research in Minnesota and Wisconsin this week, the Lake Superior area, to be specific. Being a geologist he has to leave on trips a few times a year, and it's always hard for me to have him leave. This trip has been the hardest by far, and I just sent him off this morning!! Yikes! Yes, I cried when I left him in the security check line. I had to leave quickly so he wouldn't see me crying because I knew it would make it harder for him to leave, and he didn't have a choice. He has to get this degree!

Thankfully my hubby thought ahead and we bought a 2nd webcam last week so we would be able to talk to each other on Skype everyday while he's gone (as long as the hotel he's staying in has internet service). It's not even close to having him home with me, but it is wonderful to be able to see him and smile and laugh with him even though we're separated by several states.

He's been on trips before without cell phone service, and those trips are EXTREMELY difficult!! It's really hard for me to not be able to connect with him everyday. I feel like a HUGE piece of me is missing when he's gone, so today I'm especially grateful for cell phone service to be able to talk to him on the phone and to text him whenever I want. Skype is an added bonus.

And now a note for the hubby:
I love you sweetheart, of course you know that. :) I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip & that you have a blast with the people you're hanging out with for the next week. Just know that I'll be thinking about you constantly, and dreaming about you while I sleep. I love you Darwin! I can't wait to be with you again next week!!

3 comments:

Darwin + Kiara said...

Thank you my love, you are the greatest wife a guy could have. I luckily got lucky to find you. (Yes, I thought I saw you crying.)

-Your Eternal Love

Kenley and Mel said...

Oh you guys are the cutest ever. I'm so sorry he's outta town Kiara but he'll be home soon! He's such a great hubby to get you the webcam.
I totally know what you mean about feeling like a part of you is missing when your hubbies away...Ken's leaving alot this summer for business trips and I'm so not looking forward to those lonely days. Hang in there cutie and you'll soon have your hubby home.

Jared & Tracee said...

funny, when I read the title-I said to myself..."I bets its Skype". But the point I am a little confused about is, I thought you were grateful for Skype so you could talk to your friends on the other side of the world!!! :) Just kidding, I knew it was for Darwin- I just had to make you feel bad!!!