Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Laryssa's Wedding

Laryssa is a beautiful girl Dar baptized when serving his mission in Brazil 10 years ago. She was just a young girl then, and she lovingly calls Dar her "big brother."

Just a few weeks ago, Dar was talking to Laryssa's mom over Skype and let him know that Laryssa was going to be flying out here to Utah to get married in the Salt Lake Temple on July 2nd. Laryssa then invited Darwin to be a witness for the sealing. It was such a neat experience and enormous privilege for Dar to not only have the opportunity to see Laryssa again but to be a witness at her temple marriage. It makes him so happy to hear of so many members he was able to baptize in Brazil still firm in the faith.

I also enjoyed being able to attend Laryssa's sealing to her new husband, James, and have the opportunity to listen to the wonderful blessings of the sealing ordinance in English and Portuguese. It was a beautiful day, and we loved meeting James and his family too.

Laryssa & James
Beautiful Bride
These next couple pictures are for my mom since I was on the phone with her when we were taking these pictures.
While everyone else was taking pictures, Dar found this fake (unused) mustache, and because he already has a mustache he found a more appropriate use for it :) What a fake mustache was doing on the Temple grounds, I'm still not sure, but we had some fun with it!
I really don't think facial hair is my thing
And this picture is in honor of my older brother, Tayton, and the official Up-Side-Down-Mustache-In-Pictures Club :)

And these next couple pictures are for T as much as they are for me. Our favorite birds!! QUAIL!!
In the flower bed on the south side of the Salt Lake Temple, Dar found this adorable little family of quail. I was ecstatic because quail are my favorite birds, and I especially love seeing the itty-bitty babies!
Look how adorable they are! Seeing these little guys totally made my day THAT much better. I soo wanted to hold one, but I refrained.
Big brother and little sister :)
Thanks, James and Laryssa for letting us be a part this wonderful step in your lives!

(Oh! Another cool part about James & Laryssa's story is that they were introduced to each other by a man named Eduardo, who Dar also baptized while serving his mission. It was great for him to see some of the fruits of his labors!)

1 comment:

Lora said...

Wowy- I can't believe she is so grown up! What an awesome experience for you two!