Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Grandma K is 90!!

My sweet grandma is 90 today!, but we celebrated a few days early by going up to Idaho this last weekend to have a big birthday party for her. We had a big shi-bang when she turned 80, but 90 is even better! We had lots of yummy food and lots of fun catching up with family we haven't seen in a while. My cousin Kirsten, who celebrates her birthday the same day as Grandma (happy birthday too, Kirsten!) put together a slide show of pictures we sent in of Grandma over the years. It was great to see the pictures that brought back lots of fun memories with Grandma. I love my grandma so much and appreciate her amazing work ethic, awesome sense of humor, and unconditional love for all of her family members. My grandpa passed away over 30 years ago, but Grandma has stuck in there and is the glue that keeps the family coming back together year after year. My grandma has 8 children, my dad being the youngest, 66 grandchildren, 76 great-grandchildren (with at least 4 more on the way at the beginning-ish of next year), and 1 great-great-grandchild! Wow! I can't keep track of all those people, but Grandma sure can :) Anyway, here's some of the fun we had with Grandma & lots of family on Saturday. (Kirsten, feel free to steal any of the pics to add to the slide show :)

D teaching Hannah & Liam how to play "Mary had a little lamb"
Grandpa & Grandma K a long time ago :)
Hannah & Liam having fun playing in the curtains
Everyone digging into the grub!
The line still waiting for lunch...yes, those are ALL family members :)
Family picture with Grandma
(I thought it was funny D made it a point to put his hands on my belly so everyone would know I was pregnant with our 1st baby in this picture :)
4 generations
Who's who?
Baby Brother, Me, Big Brother
(Funny that my tummy is smallest & we're all pushing it out)
Me & Hubby
(Yes, he's obviously pushing his out too)
Grandma telling jokes :D
Sibling photo, all of the kids except my Uncle Bruce who's on a mission with his wife in Florida right now
Rodger, Kip, Clair, Harvey, Dad
Martia, Grandma, Dianna
With some of the spouses
After family pictures we had some fun playing outside

Handsome monkey in the tree at Grandma's house
He's never alone for very long. These two LOVE their Uncle D!
Lots of fun things to do at Grandma's
This is the biggest hornet's nest I have ever seen!! And it's in one of our favorite trees at Grandma's
Enjoying Grandma's apples
D had an apple throwing contest with some of the younger cousins
Bri trying to help a kitty out of a tree that was chased up there by one of the dogs
We weren't even in the car for 5 minutes before Hannah was out like a light for the entire trip home. We all had a blast though!
Happy Birthday, Grandma!!! We love you!!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Great pics! It was really good to see you guys! Thanks for the Birthday shout out. It's been a really good day so far! I really didn't want to turn 30 but I don't feel any old yet!

Lora said...

WOW 90 years old. What a big day! It's incredible how her family "branched". I wonder if she ever thought she'd be loved by SO many people! Those are all great photos that I'm sure you'll cherish forever!