Monday, September 20, 2010

Kids say the Darndest Things

D & I had the opportunity to watch my cousin's 3 kids while they took a "couple's only" trip to Lake Powell for 5 days this last week. It was fun to be able to spend time with Ben, Christopher & Abbie for a few days. With D at work, Ben & Christopher in school all day & Abbie at preschool for only 2.5 hours a day, Abbie & I got to spend quite a bit of time together. She is such a funny girl & I couldn't resist writing down some of her Abbie-isms. She sure makes us laugh!

*Abbie was eating cheese & crackers for lunch before school on Wednesday. Her string cheese rolled off the table onto the floor a couple times and Abbie in a frustrated voice says, "This string cheese is going to drive me to drink!"

*D & Abbie were having a conversation about school:
D: Abbie, do you go to high school?
A: No.
D: Why not?
A: Because I'm not high!!

*A lunch-time conversation between Abbie & me:
A: Do you go to school too?
K: Not anymore. I graduated. I finished elementary school, then junior high, then high school, then college.
A: Does BYU mean college?
K: BYU is a college but I went to a college called UVU.
A: Oh! Hailey (her brother's friend) is a UofU fan!
K: Yes, but UVU is different than UofU. UofU is the University of Utah and UVU means Utah Valley University. Do you know what BYU means?
A: Cheer for the BYU?

*Abbie & I had a few conversations about the baby in my tummy while we were together. She'd ask quite frequently if the baby was awake or asleep because she wanted to feel the baby. One day Abbie noticed that the baby was sometimes high and sometimes low in my belly when I let her feel where the baby was and she started asking questions. I told her the baby is floating in something kind of like water and has a little room to move around. In response, Abbie says, "You're sure she's not floating in milk?"

*D: When you mix flour with other foods do you know what you get?
A: Broccoli?

*D: When people get married they don't live with their parents anymore.
A: Yeah, they like to go to a hotel!

Haha. Thanks, Abbie for keeping us laughing! We can't wait to hear some of the funny things our own kids will say! :)

1 comment:

Lora said...

oh man what a cutie! Kids are the best!
Mike and I are in a constant state of laughter, life is so much more bright when Elle is talking-which is always! =)