Monday, October 4, 2010

Conference Weekend, Pumpkins, & Tarantulas

I love, LoVe, LOVE General Conference weekend! It's always so nice for us to just sit in our jammies and watch and listen to the servants of the Lord speak to us all weekend. So nice! I honestly can't pick out a favorite talk right now because I thought all the messages were wonderful, but I am definitely looking forward to reading all the talks again when the Conference issue of the Ensign comes out next month! I did love the beginning of Pres. Uchdorf's talk when he asked what the science of tree rings had to do with flying an airplane :) Hilarious. And President Monson's talk on gratitude was great!! The announcement of 5 new temples is extremely exciting & I think we were being dropped some pretty significant hints on missionary work!

Another thing I love about October Conference weekend is getting into the Halloween spirit. I know you're probably thinking that General Conference and Halloween don't really jive, but we have our traditions. Don't judge.

D gutting pumpkins & harvesting their scrumptious seeds
Mmm! Roasted pumpkin seeds!! So delish!
Halloween Mix to munch on during Conference
Thanks again to T & R for the idea a few years back :)
D takes the opportunity to carve some pumpkins during Conference to help him stay awake :)
Here's his Mickey Mouse!
I think it turned out awesome! Good job, babe!
This was my idea, but D was the creator. I prefer to watch him carve the pumpkins than to actually carve the pumpkins myself :)
D snuck some pictures of me re-beading some of my necklaces.
Then, to finish off our Conference weekend traditions, we went for a drive up the canyon to look at the beautiful trees (of which we didn't get any pictures). But on the way to D's parent's house from the canyon, I spotted a tarantula on the road!! I had heard we have tarantula's in Utah, but I never really expected to see one. I'm just glad we had the camera with us!
Also, this past week we've been really working on trying to get some things done and organized while I'm still feeling pretty good in preparation for our little munchkin to make her appearance. One of those things was painting the baby's room. D finished painting Rori's room Friday morning (he had the day off from work...so nice to have a longer weekend with him!). I'll post completed pictures later.
Isn't he such a cutie? I absolutely LOVE this man!!
Couldn't resist this shot. That's pure dedication to doing it right! ;)
The 1st paint strokes
While he painted I read "The Wealthy Barber" to him. I wasn't going to be much help painting, especially with a perfectionist for a husband :) Not to mention, it is a good book. You should read it too!
Thanks for a great, relaxing, but productive & uplifting weekend, Love. You're the best! I'm so glad you were able to feel our little one moving around more this weekend & that she was cooperating so you could! I can't wait to see you hold her in your arms!! You're going to be such a great dad. No questions about it.

3 comments:

Lora said...

What a great weekend! Conference is the best! I can't wait to see your little princess's room-this is when it becomes so real! I'm so excited for you!!

I love the wealthy barber =)

Jared & Tracee said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Mickey Mouse pumpkin!! It looked GREAT!!! Oh how I miss you Halloween mix,Yum-O! And yay for the prep work! Glad you are doing things while you still feel good!!! Can't wait to see more pictures!! We get to see Conference this weekend. The joys of living a day before Utah!!!

The Lape Family said...

We love the Mickey pumpkin.Robby was wondering if Darwin could make a Goofy one. I told Robby I would ask you. Conference was awesome you are right. It is great when the kids start sitting for more than 5 min..