Friday, October 15, 2010

Double Digits

That's right folks. Only 99 days left until our due date! No more triple digits! This pregnancy really feels like it's going pretty quickly, which I'm totally okay with :) As of right now, I'm loving being pregnant. People keep telling me to wait until third trimester when I start to feel uncomfortable and achy, but I honestly feel great most of the time right now. And I'm optimistic about our third trimester as well but with this being our 1st we'll see how it goes, right?

I love that D is able to feel baby Aurora squirming around and kicking a lot more. He loves it too, of course. Actually last night I woke him up because Aurora's kicking was tickling and I was laughing so hard. And, go figure, she stopped kicking so hard when he tried to feel her. Silly girl. We're diligently working on getting things in order before our little girl graces us with her presence. It's a fun adventure for us and we're enjoying every minute of it!

I guess in other updates, I went for my 24 week appointment on the 4th, and had my glucose screening test, which I unfortunately failed by a blasted 3 points!! I honestly think it's because I ate lunch at Carrabba's that day (lots of carbs and sugar, but oh, so good!). Thanks again, Bill & Suzanne! It was so great to see you guys! So last Wednesday I went in for the 3-hour fasting gestational diabetes test. Whoever thought of torturing a pregnant woman like that should be slapped! I went into the lab first thing in the morning when they opened so I could eat as soon as possible, but I still ended up fasting for 16 hours straight with just water to drink--SO not cool. After I got home I quickly ate lunch and then felt awful! I seriously thought I was going to pass out--which I've only done one other time in my life, almost exactly a year ago. I could just imagine what D would do if I passed out at home when he wasn't here, so I tried to take precautions and laid down on the floor with my knees up to get the blood back into my head. After a few minutes I felt okay again and finished eating my lunch. I took a nap & felt good as new by the time D got home from work. I was so grateful that I didn't pass out. The last time I did it, it was awful, and I certainly don't want to do it again! And, I'm happy to report that I do not have gestational diabetes, which I figured would be the case. Other than that little episode last week, everything is going perfectly!!

No comments: