Monday, October 11, 2010

UVU Adoption Conference 2010

In 6 weeks from today UVU will be hosting their annual Conference on Adoption. The date is Monday, November 22nd. I am honored to be on the planning committee for the Conference again this year, and we have an incredible program planned! Last year was our first time holding the Conference, and we had a great turn out (click here to see my post from last year). Michael McLean was our wonderful keynote speaker, and this year we have 3 great keynotes as well. We are very excited about the program again this year. There are speakers and concurrent sessions scheduled for almost any aspect of adoption you can think of, so there's a little something for everyone!

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have on the Conference, so leave me a comment! And please visit our website by clicking here. It's still a work in progress but it becomes more and more complete as we get closer to the Conference and it is already filled with a wealth of helpful information. We are charging a fee this year, but it will be well worth it! If you register before November 15th the fee is $19 and after the 15th or at the door the fee is $29. And, in case you're wondering, you can get CEU credits at our Conference again this year. Plus, the registration fee includes lunch :) So mark your calendars and please come and bring a friend! It'll be well worth your time!

*Just a little info here before you go to the website*

Our keynote speakers are:
10:00am -Opening Keynote: Steven Scully, Senior Executive Producer & Political Editor of C-SPAN
12:00pm - Luncheon Keynote: Barbara Smith, ABC4 News Anchor
4:00pm - Closing Keynote: Nina Easton, American Journalist & Fox News Channel Commentator

There will be concurrent sessions going on every hour in between each of the keynotes. Go to the website to download the program and register for the Conference.

3 comments:

Louisa said...

Um Kiara this doesn't have anything to do with your post, but I do think that conference sounds cool. I'm really just posting to tell you to read my comment under yours for the Halloween cruise. It may have just been easier for me to write it now, but oh well. Haha :)

Lora said...

I'm really going to cross my fingers that I can make it this year-I'm sure it's going to be fantastic!

is there anything they would need help with to get ready? I would love to volunteer!

Jessalynn Speight said...

I found your blog while googling info on the conference! I love it!!!