Monday, October 25, 2010

Nerf Wars

Our nephew, Andrew, turned 10 last week and all he wanted to do was have a nerf war so we were invited over to play as long as we brought our guns too. We only got to stay for about an hour so Dar didn't get the chance to get in on the fun for too long. We've all decided we need to go back and do it again.

Allie with her "Happy Birthday" hat on backwards, intent on watching Lilo & Stitch. Her bday was last week too. She just turned 4!
Loading up his ammo
Andrew all geared up & ready to go. We seriously need to get us some of those sweet safety goggles!
Having way too much fun shooting the 10 year olds!
Rachel getting serious
Even 4 year old Allison was in on the war! Go Allie!
Baby Sloane was safe down stairs & occupied with some munchies :) I could just gobble her up!!
Then, yesterday after church Dar & I got in our cozy jammies and decided to have some fun family time of our own with our own nerf war. Dar rearranged our furniture to make us each our own barricade. It really was tons of fun to shoot at each other and I was slightly surprised with my aim because I hit Dar several times with my eyes closed! :) We started taking pictures about 1/2 way through our war. You know that line in iRobot..."Spoon! She just shot at you with her eyes closed!" Yeah, that was totally me yesterday. :)

Loading my gun with more ammo
Happy to be shooting at the hubby ;) I shot him in the forehead at least once while he was taking pictures. Easy target. What can I say?
This was my view of him while he was taking pictures of me. I couldn't resist getting a shot of him with his antennae! It was totally cracking me up, but I do get amused easily :)
He was just as happy to be shooting me. I got pegged in the ear pretty good while I was taking pictures of him.
This one totally cracks me up! I started this shot by putting the darts in his ears...he of course came up with the nose thing all on his own. I don't even remember why he was laughing so hard, but it makes me smile!
I totally won the war. Hands down.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

You guys take your nerf wars seriously! :)

Jared & Tracee said...

wow, you really do take your nerf wars seriously! You crack me up! Glad that you won in the end, but really 2 against 1..... he had no chance!!! :)