Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Snow!

Maybe this post should be titled "Pregnancy Insomnia."  It's almost 4:00am and I've been awake since just after 2:00am with not much drowsiness in sight yet.  Guh!  I swear the only time I have such a hard time getting back to sleep is when I'm pregnant.  But, I'm so SO glad to be pregnant, so I'll take it!  And, since reading wasn't helping me get back to sleep I decided to blog. . .

Our snowy winter was pretty much non-existent last year.  It was a total bummer and Aurora never got the chance to experience playing in the snow.  She even got snow pants for Christmas last year and was never able to use them.  I think the first snow storm of this season brought more snow than all the snow we got last winter combined!  Bring it on!!

One thing I love about big storms is that there's a local guy who does these amazing snow creations for everyone to enjoy.  The first time I drove past he was just getting started and I drove past again before he completed it, then the third time I drove past I was super impressed with the finished product.  What a fun talent to share with the locals!
Pretty cool, huh?
The first snowfall of the season just happened to correspond to our favorite Mr. P's 2nd birthday, so these first few pictures are of that :)
 Aurora checking out the planes she just gave P 
 Rori loving P's Madagasgar card singing "I like to move it, move it!"
*Note to self: get Aurora a singing birthday card*
 The little planes we gave him were pretty lame compared to some of the remote control planes he got, but ours might be good for keeping him occupied during Sacrament meeting at church :)
 After most of the family left we bundled up and headed outside to play in that glorious white stuff.  I thought it was pretty classic that there's proof of Aurora eating snow in the first picture I got of Aurora ever playing in the snow.
*Side note: She still fits into her 12 month coat (which still drowns her) and her 12 month snow pants.  Way to go, tiny little princess!*
 Most of the pictures I got of her she's either eating the snow or trying to crawl through it, always away from me.
 Love this picture of my two sweeties!  I could just eat them up!
 Mr. P wasn't a huge fan of the snow.  He takes after his mom, I guess ;)
 I LOVE this picture of my baby girl!!
 Sitting on the snow wall Dad made by dragging his feet through it to make a walking path
 Jared and birthday boy!
 I told you, he wasn't a fan.  Especially when his dad plopped him in the snow and just laughed at him.  Poor little guy.
 Aurora on the other hand LOVED the snow!  She's only closing her eyes in this one because she dropped snow in them trying to get her snowy glove in her mouth again.
 Like daughter, like father.  It's more fun to eat snow together :)
I'm so glad Aurora loves the snow.  She seriously LOVED it!  We don't have all the proper snow attire for her yet - we still need to get good snow boots and better gloves for playing in the snow, but she certainly didn't care about that this first round.  When we stripped her down one of her boots was full of snow, but we didn't know it before that because she didn't complain one bit!  Her poor toes were all red and freezing from it, but not one complaint from our little sweetie.  She never ceases to amaze me.  Love you, baby girl!  Thanks for making it so much fun to watch you and be a part of your new experiences!

2 comments:

Marci said...

So cute! I'm happy you are getting all the snow. I love a rainy winter. You have one sweet family!

Marci said...

I am so happy you are getting all the snow. I'm a baby and prefer a rainy winter. :) Your family is so cute and happy together! I love it!