Thursday, September 30, 2010

Honeycomb

Our very nice neighbors, who we really don't know well at all, gave us a 1 lb slab of honeycomb on Monday. He and his dad have several beehives and they're beginning to harvest their honey. D is in love with it!! It's pretty cool because you can just take a bite of the honeycomb, eat the honey and chew on the comb because it's like wax, and then spit it out when you're done chewing on it. Like I said, D loves it. He's nearly eaten the entire slab already! I've only tasted the honey with my finger and it's delish! I'm really not into chewing on the actual honeycomb though. My tummy is too weak right now! :) Thanks to our neighbor, D's interest in beekeeping has been piqued and now he wants a beehive too so we can harvest our own honey. Remember when he told me he wanted to breed snakes? Hmmm....Sorry I dash all your dreams, babe.

4 comments:

Paige said...

You are right, Dan and Darwin have SO much in common. Breeding bees is something he would love to do. I'll just send him over to your house someday. ;)

Jared & Tracee said...

Lucky you, fresh honey......yummy! So funny that D wants to be a bee keeper. I could TOTALLY see it!!! LOL!!!

Beth and Jason said...

You are having a girl! So exciting!

Lora said...

=) yumm! That is one thing I love about Logan- people raise bees like crazy! We would love to have bees one day-now the snake thing? eeek good luck with that =)