Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Introducing...

Michael and Brianna Hughes.

Well, it happened! My little sister exchanged vows with her sweetheart, Michael Hughes, on Saturday! The wedding was wonderful, and turned out beautifully. Crazy to believe that my parents don't have any more daughters to marry off :) I was privileged to be her Maid of Honor, even though I had no idea what I was supposed to do. Haha. It's the first time I've been part of a wedding party, so I'm sure I was lax in some of my duties, but I tried my best. Darwin was a HUGE help with being the emcee and helping to keep the "princesses" entertained. My nieces were the flower girls, and were clearly informed that the wedding day was "Princess Day". They were so happy and excited to get dressed up all fancy in their beautiful flower girl dresses. My cute nephew, Cade, who was adopted to a wonderful family when he was just a few days old, was the ring bearer. It was an open adoption and my family still keeps in contact with his family. I'm glad they were willing to come to yet another wedding in the family (they came to our wedding reception as well). Both of my grandmothers were able to travel here for the wedding, as well as several aunts and uncles. From my point of view, everything went fantastically. Here are some pictures of the joyous occasion (sorry about the lengthy photos, but how could I not post so many kandids?):

You'd think we were sisters or something ;)

Us pretending we're the special ones :)


Their cake lady, Mike's cousin, surprised them with a Groom's Cake. This is significant/funny because Mike manages a Little Caesar's restaurant.

This is the real cake...so pretty :)

Bri's beautiful bridal photo

My siblings have this thing about sticking their tongues out for pictures...you'll see this more later on in other photos.

Amaia becoming a Princess for the night.

Cade, my nephew who was adopted out to a wonderful family was able to come be the ring bearer. Thanks for coming, Morris family!

Bri's bouquet

The ceremony

Me looking like a nerd, not knowing what I'm supposed to be doing.


First kiss as hubby and wifey.

She's not happy, is she?

Love is all around

I love this picture of my cousin, Nicholas.

Cade taking a picture of Darwin taking a picture of him :)

Lots of picture taking going on.

I'm glad Dar got this picture of Cade & Amaia. They are half brother and sister. Both have the same dad, my brother, Tayton. Cade was adopted out, as I said before, and this is the first time they've met each other. They look alike, don't they?

This picture cracks me up.

Signing the docs. and making it official!


I think my dad looks a little too happy ;)

Handsome hunk, Liam.

Jaisy started taking pictures of people, that's why they're all at this angle :)


My mom :) She looked beautiful!

Bri with our baby brother, Skylar.

Goofy, aka Uncle Monkey as my nieces like to call him.

My wonderful hubby!!

Uncle Harvey, my dad's oldest brother.

I LOVE this picture of Maia!

Me with my Aunt Diana, my dad's sister.

Omie. I'm soo glad she was able to come out from NY twice this year!!

Me & G-ma Koon, my dad's mom.

Jaisy taking a picture of Bri's photographer.

My mom & her good friend, Carrie.

See the tongue thing?



The Princesses were having a grand old time picking the petals up off the floor.



Us being special again.

My mom was taking the picture and kept making us kiss :)

Cutting the cake.


They really were nice to each other, but somehow Bri still ended up with a cake mustache.

First dance as hubby & wifey.

Dancing with the parentals.

My Mom & Dad. They're so cute :)

Bri dancing with our good friend David.

Daddy-Daughter dance.

Jaisy & Amaia with their favorite Uncle Darwin.

Liam showing some skin, and some drool. That pretty much sums up the whole night ;)

5 comments:

Lisa said...

HOW FUN! I love the pictures with the little girls...super cute!

Rebekah said...

The pictures are beautiful! I wish I could have been there!

Erin said...

Looks like a beautiful wedding. I love the grooms cake--hilarious! Your nieces are darling--little girls in fancy dresses, is there anything cuter? You can tell they feel just like princesses. Love your blog--I'll check back.

Kenley and Mel said...

Oh...YAY for weddings! Everything looked beautiful. I love the money-tails in the bouquets! I had those in mine as well. You looked beautiful! I love your dress. Of course the bride was beautiful as well. Everything looked so great, the colors were really cute too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweeties! Thank you for doing such an incredible job a helping with the wedding! Kiara, you absolutely glowed! We do have a pretty great family, don't we?!