Friday, October 17, 2008

Randomness...and loving it!

I'm just sitting here trying to focus on my Astronomy home- work, but missing Darwin already. He left this morning for an overnight camp out with the Young Men in our ward at Goblin Valley, Utah. He'll be back tomorrow, and in an attempt to compensate for him being gone I'm going out with my girlfriends tonight. Sometimes I find myself thinking about the amazing relationship Dar & I have and how extremely blessed we are that we found each other. As Dar likes to say, "we fit together like two pieces of a puzzle". It's hard to imagine what our lives would be like without the other one now. It feels like we've known each other and been together forever, and we look forward to the rest of eternity together with excitement and anticipation for things yet to come.

We have so much fun together all the time! I love the random things that come up every now and then, and how we just like to go with the flow. For instance, last night was totally random. We fell asleep watching March of the Penguins around 8:30pm - I know that makes us sound like an old married couple ;) but we were both exhausted from looking at Condo's and Townhouses for a few hours earlier in the day. (Nobody freak out on us...we're just looking right now. Nothing is set for us to be moving any time soon, but we decided we'd start looking because of the way the market is right now.) About 9:15pm I woke up and we moved from the couches so we could try to sleep better. Around 1:15am Dar woke up and said he couldn't sleep anymore--he really was wide awake. I went in and out of sleep for a while, and then realized that he had gotten up, but came back to get a blanket from our room. I decided to go in and watch a movie with him because I knew he was going to be gone tonight and I wanted to be with him as long as I could. So, at 1:15 this morning, after sleeping for a few hours, we started another movie, Hitch, one of our favorites. I think we fell asleep again around 4:00am, after we had finished Hitch and started Mary Poppins. I finally turned the movie off about half way through, and we were able to sleep for another few hours. Then, Dar got up at 7:15am to get ready to go on his camping trip.

It's so random to me, I love it! Fall asleep for a few hours, wake up in the middle of the night to watch another movie, stay up for few more hours, and then go to sleep again. Fall break has been really nice so far, and hopefully the rest of the weekend will be just as good. I just wish vacations could go on forever. Life gets so busy sometimes, and then when we do get a break it never feels long enough!

4 comments:

Laci said...

ah, i love stuff like that! those are the best kind of memories i think :o)

Jennie-O said...

Hey, no baby yet for clay and sara. She is due on Nov. 10th I think. I'll probably post when she is born, so keep checking! :)

Lisa said...

I know it is so hard when you are away from each other. About Goblin Valley... How fun for him! I hope he brought the camera!

Kirsten said...

Don't you just love that your love for each other grows every day?! I know what you mean; I can't imagine my life without Paul. Cherish every moment!

Annika and I are coming down for a trip this weekend with our class. We're going to the Spiral Jetty, art museums, and galleries. We're excited. We'll be there Thursday - Saturday.