Thursday, March 26, 2009

Give a little love....and maybe some laughter along the way.

This is probably going to be a lame, boring post for most of you to read, but I had to post it for "memorial purposes". One of the things I absolutely love about my husband is that he makes me laugh....all the time!! I made him promise me before we got married that he would make me laugh everyday, and he has fulfilled that promise and more. He not only makes me laugh everyday, he makes me laugh 24-7 (maybe that's a teeny bit of an exaggeration, but he sure makes me laugh A LOT!). We always have such a blast together, and I wish I could spend all day every day him, but life is such that it's not possible.

Last night was one of those nights that I love. Just about every night, I start crashing around 9:00 and bedtime is generally at 9:30. (Lame, I know, but we're old married people, and I get up at 4:45 on days I have school--Dar gets up at 5:15 everyday.) We get ready for bed, but as soon as we lay down, I'm wide awake, and get all chatty and don't want to go to sleep anymore...but those are some of the funnest times we have together. We laugh about nothing, but it means everything. Last night, everything was funny. I had had a really good day at school, and as soon as Dar picked me up from school, my day got 100 times better...

We met with a financial planner to FINALLY start saving for retirement. When we got home, we had breakfast for dinner and it was even more delicious because D made dinner so I wouldn't have to. We watched American Idol, cut up some coupons, delivered food drive bags to our neighbors, and had ice cream for dessert. Nothing super special, but just being with him is more than I could ever wish for. It's times like that, when just having him next to me makes me smile and we don't want anything more than just to be together, that makes me realize how little everything else matters. We could live in a cardboard box for all I care and we would still be happy. (Ok, another exaggeration, but you get what I mean.) It's not the material things that matter. It's the quality time and the loving relationships that we have with each other that really matters in the end.

How grateful I am that this Knight in Shining Armor came into my life and swept me off my feet. D is truly the man of my dreams, and it still doesn't seem real to me sometimes that he's mine for eternity. I love you, D!! Thanks for making me laugh and for making me fall in love with you all over again!!

2 comments:

Laci said...

thats so sweet kiara!! i love days like that where its nothing spectacular, but SO memorable.

Des said...

MAN you get up so early...I would crash like that too. not lame. early to bed and early to rise right?
it's so sweet to read how you adore your hubby :)