Thursday, March 5, 2009

Body Cast?

D's family all pitched in to help out his sister, Georgiana, with a huge project she's been working on called "Bowls for Humanity". I'm not exactly sure how the whole thing is going to play out, but we helped out last night with the small part that we could. D's parents came over to make body molds of us....sounds weird, I know, but it was kind of fun/painful (because we had to stay in one position for quite a while, and my hand started to lose feeling) at the same time. It's definitely something I've never done before!! Haha. Just look at the pictures :)

Just getting started
I had half of me done at a time...this is right before
the top part of my body was cut off. :)
D had his whole body done at one time...
both of our arms were getting SUPER tired!!
D's body mold after it was cut off.
It reminded me of some of the bodies we saw at Body Worlds.
The semi-finished product.

Mine still needs hands, and both need feet, but it was 9pm last night by the time we got done so D's parents were going to finish it for us. I hope it all turns out well, G! Way to go on all your hard work you've put into this project!!

7 comments:

Lindsay Thacker said...

Oh my gosh this is hilarious!!!! I love it! I hope I am commenting on the right blog. I wasnt sure. Anyway, about the swim suit. You can TOTALLY order without doing a party. You can go to www.modbeclothing.com/lindsaythacker and order anytime. The shipping is 7.95 or if you dont want to pay shipping you can email me at lindst77@gmail.com and let me know what you would like to order and i will order it for you when i have one of my parties (2 weeks) and then the shipping is only $4.00 instead. So let me know! Thanks sweetie! Hope you guys are doing well!!!

The Ostlers said...

that is seriously awesome! I didn't know how they would turn out until I scrolled down and saw the finished product...way cool!

Erin said...

Fun! I don't know what you're using them for, but they look really cool!

Cristin said...

Those are so weird - I kind of want to try it now!

Paige said...

Wow, that's cool. How long did you have to stay in those positions? I can see why it might be somewhat painful!

Jennie-O said...

that looks awesome - what fun project to be a part of.

Dan/Kealy said...

That is pretty cool! I've never seen that before! And it was good to see you guys the other day at Stake Conference. I'm glad everything's going well for you!