Friday, March 6, 2009

I love to see the Temple


Yesterday D & I had the opportunity to attend the Draper, UT Temple open house with J & T. I was soo glad we were finally able to go because the open house only runs until next Saturday (the 14th), and the Temple will be dedicated on March 20th. I absolutely love the feeling you get when you walk inside the doors of any LDS Temple, and the peace that comes over you, if you're willing to let it into your heart.

This was the first Temple open house I have ever attended, and it was neat to see the Temple in a way that any of the public is able to. You don't have to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints to attend a Temple open house, and I wish more non-members had the opportunity to attend one. I know there is a lot of curiosity about LDS Temples because of their sacredness, and I truly believe that if more non-members had the opportunity to attend an open house, that their hearts would be touched by the Spirit as well.

I am soo grateful for Temples. I know that we are blessed as we strive to live worthy to attend the Temple. I know that the Temple is the House of the Lord, and that by attending the Temple we are able to bless our own lives, the lives of the ones we love, and many other countless lives as we continually strive to serve one another. I am thankful that I can attend the Temple, where I learn more about my Savior, Jesus Christ. By attending the Temple, I learn more about the Creation of life and where I fit into that Creation. I'll be the first to admit I'm not perfect, but I know that by trying to do what is right, my Savior makes up for my shortcomings and I am able to try harder to do what is asked of me. Because of the Temple, I will have the opportunity to live with my sweetheart FOREVER--the Temple is where families are joined together, not just for this live, but for ETERNITY!! I am so grateful for the mercy of my Father in Heaven who loves us enough to put Temples around the world, where we can make covenants with him, and where we take another step to being able to live with Him forever.

I hope that if you have not had the opportunity to go to the open house, and you live close enough to be able to do so, that you will put forth the effort to go. It is a beautiful building, and it will help you to appreciate the love our Heavenly Father has for His children.

*To learn more about LDS Temples, click here or here.

1 comment:

Jenny M said...

Hey, we were there, too! I wish it was at the same time!