Friday, March 20, 2009

"The Worth of Soles"

Last night we had our Enrichment Relief Society birthday party. The theme of the night was "The Worth of Soles" and our assignment was to bring a shoe that described us. I looked through my closet and thought of a couple different shoes I could bring, but I decided on this pair...

If you know me, you know I love moose...Random. I know, but they're my favorite animals! My Mom got these moose slippers for me a few years ago, and I absolutely love them! They're about 4 sizes too big for me, but it doesn't stop me from wearing them. I love to relax and be cozy, and I love to be warm so my moose slippers are perfect for that!

My description wasn't anymore exiting than that last night, but it was such a fun experience to listen to all the ladies talk about their shoes and why they chose the particular shoe they brought. I especially loved listening to the older sisters in the ward. It's been hard adjusting to a new ward, but I'm starting to find out that the older sisters in our ward already have a special place in my heart, especially the ones I visit teach. It's amazing how Heavenly Father helps us get out of our comfort zone and allows us to be uplifted and feel welcomed at what seems our most vulnerable times. (Dar & I were just called as Gospel Doctrine teachers, and it TOTALLY makes me feel inadequate and vulnerable!!! Hopefully I'll get used to it over time and actually start enjoying my teaching!) The older sisters in the ward have been so kind and friendly to me, and I am really looking forward to getting to know them better. I've learned so much from them already!

Anyway, I just wanted to share the cute idea from Enrichment last night. Hopefully some of you ladies can use it in your own wards! *Hint, hint...Bonnie A.! ;)

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

THANKS! I"m the Enrichment leader... Unfortunately, we already had our birthday party... I love the old ladies, too. I visit teach a 70 year old who's been widowed 21 years. Her dad owned most of the land in Newark. It's extremely interesting to hear her life stories. And she is sincerely interested in my struggles of motherhood. I LOVE your slippers!

Pat & Amber said...

I am going to do this activity at our Enrichment night in March. I was going to use this same theme too. I was wondering if you remember what other activities you did to go a long with the theme? THANKS! Please email me at patspebble@gmail.com. Sister Amber Jones