Saturday, March 28, 2009

"Moab is calling"--last weekend's Moab trip

Our good friend, Jimmy, was brave and decided to run the Canyonlands Half Marathon in Moab last weekend. He & his fiance, Becca, didn't want to go down alone so they invited McSweeney's and us to go down with them. Jimmy brought his camper so we didn't have to sleep in the car or on the ground. Thanks, Jimmy!! We had a blast--besides D being pretty sick the whole time we were down there, and Jimmy with his ginormous blisters on his feet after running the 13.1 miles. What troopers. We went and hiked a bit around Arches while Jimmy was running, then we went back to watch him cross the finish line. After that and lunch we went back to Arches to do a 5-mile round trip hike to Delicate Arch. We had so much fun we already want to go back!!

Here are some of our pictures from the trip...

My sweetie "sleeping"...with a smile on his face :)
The gang
I swear we can get a serious picture only half the time :)
Jared & his crazy rock climbing skills
That would be Jared off yonder in the distance (the little white speck)
Is that Pocahontas? Oh wait...it's just Jared! ;)
Here he comes!! Here he comes!!
Giving us 2 thumbs up, and a smile :)
Crossing the finish line!!! - Final time 2 hr. 20 min. 19 sec.
WAY TO GO, JIMMY!!
Becca & Jimmy after the race.
R & me
I loved this picture of R and had to post it.
Love this girl!
To me, Moab is one of the most beautiful places on Earth!!
Beautiful landscape photos:

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Looks like you had a great trip. I love Moab! These are some really nice pictures.

Dan/Kealy said...

What a fun trip! My family went down there a couple of weeks ago, but we couldn't go :( It looks like you had so much fun-I'm jealous!

Marci said...

great pictures! thanks for sharing! sometimes I miss the desert! I'd love to see your mom!