Thursday, April 23, 2009

Born Again American - Sorry, it's a long post

*Pause my music, then click on the song and listen to it while you read my post.



I love this song! How patriotic! Check out the official website here. We definitely need more of this in our struggling country right now. I also loved that they all sing about how we need more God in our hearts right now. Let me expand on my thoughts on that:

I've probably mentioned it before, but this semester I've been taking an Institute class on World Religions and the Gospel. My amazing institute teacher, Brother Longmore, kept emphasizing all semester long how he really feels that people of faith have a difficult time coming for them. (Not just members of the LDS Faith, but people of Faith in general.) I don't know if you've heard about a new "religion" (which it's not, but that's all I can think of to call it for lack of another word that's fitting for the group) called The New Atheism. I found their official website, you can click here for more info from their own group. I found it interesting that in the top right hand corner of their website they state:

"Intolerance of ignorance, myth and superstition; disregard for the tolerance of religion. Indoctrination of logic, reason and the advancement of a naturalistic worldview."

Also, not that I view Wikipedia as a reliable source, but I found this while searching for New Atheism: "New atheism is a form of atheism that takes a positive position on the non-existence of God. It is characterized by not just seeing religion as factually false, but destructive."

To me their saying they are intolerant of religion. That they're pushing God out of the picture and putting "logic and reason" in His stead. They're saying that belief in God is destructive. How sad to me. God is EVERYTHING!! It makes me soo sad when people can't see that. However, I also believe that people have the freedom to worship, or not worship, how they choose.

Article of Faith #11:
We clam the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may. -Joseph Smith to John Wentworth in the Wentworth Letter 1842

As people of Faith, we all need to stand up for our FAITH; no matter what our religion. Whether we're Muslim, Buddhist, Jewish, Baptist, Catholic, Mormon, or any other member of a religion of Faith, we need to link arms and stand together in the defense of God. Things are only going to get worse--let's buckle up and enjoy the ride :)

Also, I'm sure many of you have already heard about the controversy of Carrie Prejean, Miss California's answer in the Miss USA pageant in response to Perez Hilton's question to her on gay marriage. If you haven't, here's another clip. Way to go Miss California!!



And again, look at President Obama's answer on marriage:



Now, go and choose what you will do. Hopefully it will be to stand up in the defense of GOD and defense of the FAMILY!!

3 comments:

Robins Family said...

I loved your blog today! Just what I needed! Im very proud of Miss California! I am proud she spoke from her heart. She is standing as a witness weather she knows it or not! Glad to see others believe the same thing as me!

Sad to see our President believes the same thing but wont fight for what he believes! Show's you the difference between the two.

One is willing to risk all she has for her beliefs and the other wont risk a single thing for what he believes.

Kinda Sad....

Cristin said...

That is a great interview with Carrie Prejean. Thanks for posting it.

I really feel for her. She did the right thing. Perez Hilton is an idiot. Have you ever seen his blog? For someone that preaches "love between everyone" he is so hateful and mean. Perez Hilton and Hollywood celebrities live in a bubble where they believe that everyone agrees with them and if you do not, you are ignorant. The best part is that Prop 8 passed here. They are NOT in the majority evidently and I don't know why they can't get that into their heads.

Even though it is just a silly beauty pageant I was happy to see that my state's representative in the contest represented what I and a majority of Californian's believe about marriage... regardless of what the media wants us to believe.

BusyMama said...

Amen! What she did took guts! She could have danced around the issue without coming right out and saying what she believed. And I'm especially glad that she hasn't retaliated and gotten mean like Hilton. Let's speak up, but not lash out when people get angry.