Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Smiles, Reminders and Enlightenment

D & I had the opportunity to babysit my cousin's three kids over Conference weekend. I don't think I got as much out of Conference as I usually do because I'm not used to having to entertain kiddos while trying to listen to the speakers at the same time. It was fun though and the kids were great. A couple of my favorite highlights from the weekend:

#1 - Abbie (age 3 1/2) and I had a little chat Friday night about how we were going to be able to listen to the Prophet speak on Saturday and Sunday. I told her his name, and the first time we saw him on Saturday I showed her who he was. Every time President Monson came on the screen Abbie would say: "Hey look! It's Thomas!"

#2 - Abbie was sure that D was either my daddy or my neighbor (despite my attempts to help her understand that he is my husband). Whenever she referred to D she'd say something like, "What's your daddy doing?" "When is your neighbor going to be done with his homework?" - Totally made me smile!

#3 - Getting to spend time with Benjamin (12 1/2) , Christopher (8 1/2), and Abbie because it's been quite a while since the last time we stayed with them for a weekend. It's amazing to see their progress and spend time hanging out with them.

#4 - Realizing once again how blessed I am to have such an amazing husband. I wasn't feeling very well over the weekend, but had extra responsibilities taking care of the kids, so D stepped it up and made sure I was comfortable and not too stressed out.

#5 - Listening to our Prophet and other leaders and being reminded again of how much improvement my life needs - but in a good way. I love listening to General Conference and coming out of it enlightened and determined to be a better person than I was before.

No comments: