Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Eggs, Funerals, and Food Poisoning

Easter Eggs:

Love this picture of R :)
She was soo into it! She loved it!
Don't mind me and D--we had just run more than 4 miles,
we're preparing to run a 5k on the 25th.
Our beautiful eggs :)
Thanks J, T, and R! We had a great time!
*Check out T's Blog for more pics*

Funerals:

In Loving Memory of Charles David McNamara Bradley
Charles David McNamara Bradley is the younger brother of our very good friend, Matt Bradley. Charles passed away in his sleep the night of April 3, 2009 due to a bad reaction to his medication. Charles was 25 years old, and leaves behind his beautiful fiancee, Bonnie.

D knew Charles much better than I did because he grew up with Matt and they often picked on Charles as little kids. But, even though I didn't know Charles very well, every time I saw him he always had a smile on his face--a smile that was contagious, and you couldn't help but smile when you saw him smiling back. He had such a wonderful, fun personality, and was always the first in line when someone needed help. Charles was a great brother, son, uncle, and friend. He will be greatly missed by all who knew him.

D and I had the opportunity to attend Charles' funeral and traditional Irish wake (a celebration of the person's life) held in his honor last Thursday. We shed some tears, we laughed, and we remembered the life of Charles and the incredible person that he was. Charles is now with his Heavenly Father; and as his dad terrifically put it...he's needed on the other side of the veil because they're probably having a difficult time with the stubborn Irish Americans and need Charles' help to convert them ;)

Matt & Sandy, you are in our hearts and prayers as you struggle through this difficult trial, and others that have recently come your way. We love you!

Food Poisoning:

Friday night, D & I attended our monthly institute class--the last one of the semester. I always love going to listen the wonderful lessons that the instructors prepare, to eat good food, and have a fun, free date night with D.

Shortly after we ate our yummy dinner, we went back upstairs to listen to another speaker, and my tummy starting rumbling like crazy!! I could tell I was starting to not feel very well. Anyway, to make a long story short, Friday night was one of the worst nights of my life, but my ROCK STAR husband was right by my side every step of the way and was AMAZING!! He took SUCH good care of me (and always does), and I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have him with me. I have honestly never been so sick in my life--throwing up every hour from 11:30pm to 6:30am, and being so sick I nearly passed out. (Sorry if that's TMI) I wasn't able to eat anything all weekend, except maybe 7 Saltine crackers and a little bit of broth, so I missed out on all the yummy Easter goodies. I am feeling about 85% better now, but I'm still pretty hesitant to really eat much. Last night I finally felt like I had a little bit of an appetite again, but after eating a little bit of soup and crackers for dinner I regretted it, and it seems to continue to be the pattern--I feel pretty good and hungry enough to eat, then I eat and regret doing so. I must admit that it's nice to lose a few pounds I've been wanting to lose, but this was DEFINITELY NOT my idea of how I wanted to do it!! I hope you never have to go through food poisoning (if you haven't already)! It's awful!!

P.S. If you're wondering why I got sick and D didn't, we took our soup from different pans and that's the only difference we can pick out that makes sense as to why I got food poisoning and he didn't.

2 comments:

Jared & Tracee said...

Wow, what a difference from the themes of your blog! I didn't know if I was suppose to be happy or sad, or feeling bad! Hope you recover quick!

Kirsten said...

Good luck on your 5K! You can do it! Now you need to work up to a 10K then a half marathon! I'm doing a half in May, June, Aug. and Sep. WOOHOO! Goodbye baby weight! :)