Thursday, April 30, 2009

I swear it's not supposed to STILL be hurting this bad!!!

Almost 3 years ago I broke my tailbone. Can we say, OUCH! Surprisingly, I didn't cry when I did it, although I did almost pass out. My tailbone is DEFINITELY broken...broken IN at a 90 degree angle, which makes me a little bit nervous for when I have to deliver a baby (I'll let you fill in the details). I was still working at the law firm back then, sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day, and had the BIGGEST pillow I could find to sit on. I don't remember exactly how long it hurt for when I originally broke it, but that's another story.

About a year ago, I actually had to go see a doctor because my tailbone starting hurting like crazy again, maybe even worse than it did when I originally broke it. I was so reluctant to go to the doctor for it because what can you do for a broken tail bone? Pretty much nothing. But when I woke up in the middle of the night crying because it hurt so bad, and had to ask D for a blessing, that was the last straw for him. He made me go to the doctor. The doctor put me on some extremely heavy-duty anti-inflammatory drugs (because believe it or not, the tissue around your tailbone can swell), and it got better pretty quick.

Well, about a week ago, the pain came back about as bad as before, but I DON'T WANT TO GO TO THE DOCTOR FOR IT AGAIN!! The Tylenol I've been taking isn't doing squat to take the pain away. It doesn't hurt much if I'm standing for long periods of time. When I sleep, there really is no way for me to sleep on my back or my side, but I'm a tummy sleeper anyway. Then today, as I'm being the good maid of my house and scrubbing my floors on my hands and knees I hit my tailbone on the edge of the bathtub (remember, it's already been hurting for a week!), and I swear I would have cried or sworn if I felt like it would make it better.

When will this ever end?

5 comments:

Kelli Nicholls Designs said...

Kiara, i hurt just reading that story! Im sorry! I hope you feel better soon.

MARK & CHRISTY said...

oh man.. I am sorry about that.. I have never hurt my tailbone, but I can imagine that it would be pretty painful and annoying all at the same time!.. My sister is doing really good! Just got completely done with chemo and is completely bald and has not eyebrows or eyelashes.. She starts radiation here in a couple of weeks.. But all in all doing really really well!

Paige said...

My SIL broke hers when she was about 8 months pregnant after falling down the stairs. She eventually had to have surgery on it and it seemed to solve her pain. I hope it doesn't come to that for you, but then again maybe it would take care of the problem? Take it easy! Maybe you should make Darwin scrub the floors. :)

Sara Kappas said...

Ouch! So your tailbone is still broken, doesn't it heal? I think you should go to the doctor and get some better pain meds, whats the worst that could happen, Nothing. Yeah, I hope it heals before you have a baby. And so now you can use this as an excuse to have D scrub the floors right haha.

Kirsten said...

I am SO sorry! :( I'm just not sure what else to say except that because I have no idea what that feels like! Love you!