Thursday, August 19, 2010

5th Anniversary Trip - Logan, UT

*We're playing catch-up on our posting so if you've missed our last couple posts make sure you scroll down!*

This summer flew by pretty fast for us and we never really took the opportunity to plan anything big for our anniversary this year, even though the 5th anniversary is a big one. But we decided to go stay at the Anniversary Inn in Logan again. It's where we spent our wedding night & thought it would be fun to stay there again but in a different room. This time we stayed in the Pirates Paradise room.

Also, last year we started a tradition of going to the Temple to do sealings on our anniversary. So this year we went to the Logan Temple since that's where we were headed anyway. It was the first time D & I had both been to the Logan Temple to do work. I'm really glad we started this tradition, and we plan to continue it for as long as we're both alive to do it. The weather was beautiful the whole time we were in Logan, and we had a great time!

After sealings we checked into our Pirate room. We took a bunch of pictures because those rooms are so fun!
We even fell asleep watching Pirates of the Caribbean. We couldn't resist :)
Then we opened our gifts to each other. I love Dar's reaction :P
Ever since we've been married he has wanted me to buy him a gun. So I bought him 2 for our anniversary this year. It may not have been the kind of gun he was hoping for, but they're guns, right? And, he got TWO! ;)
And he got me a Wii Fit Plus. We've been wanting one for a while, so we're both excited about this one! Hopefully it will help me get back in shape after I have the baby :)
After presents we did a little sight-seeing around Logan. We thought about going to a nice place for dinner but neither of us was hungry because we had a late lunch so we went to the old A&W my family used to go to when we'd visit Logan. So our dinner consisted of french fries, root beer, and ice cream. Mmm!
In the morning we got a delicious breakfast in bed to help us get going.
After getting ready we spent the day visiting different places in Logan that my family used to visit & I have fond memories of those trips, so I introduced D to some of those fun places.

Our first stop that day was good old Willow Park Zoo
(And by the way, it only costs $1 for adults and $0.50 for kids!)
They have all kinds of animals! Here's some of what we saw. I don't want to bore you with all of our pictures :)
Stop #2.
We couldn't leave Logan without getting some squeaky cheese!
We enjoyed some yummy cheese samples.
And when D spotted these moose antlers he had to take this picture. Not the most attractive shot, but what can you do?
This was a new stop. I'm pretty sure this store didn't exist the last time we were in Logan, but it was one of the golden stops of the day! It was recommended to us by a friend who lives in Logan.
Look at all the adorable moose stuff we got for our baby!! Since we don't know what we're having yet we had to get stuff for both sexes :) I also got some moose PJ pants. I'm telling you...we hit the jackpot! We're going to have to go back some time because they had more stuff that I wanted to get but we didn't want to go broke on buying baby stuff yet ;)
D's favorite animals are skunks (no joke) and since we've never seen skunk stuff for our little one we had to snatch these up too.
Our last couple stops in Logan were the Pepperidge Farm Factory and Casper's Ice Cream. Classics when you're in Logan!
On our way home we stopped for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory in Sandy. This was my first time eating there & I loved it!
Thanks, Sweetheart for a great anniversary trip again this year. Can you believe we've been married for 5 years already? Bring on the next infinity!! I love you so much!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, BABE!!

P.S. Since I posted some of the cute moose stuff we got in Logan I had to show you what D brought back from his Lake Superior trip for me too:

Look at that cute momma & baby moose!

3 comments:

Jared & Tracee said...

HOW FUN!!! I can't believe all the moose stuff! Your poor kid will have to wear moose stuff every day!! You just need to find out what you are having so you don't have to buy 2 of each kind!!! LOL!! Congrats on 5 years, crazy that it has already been 5 years!!

Paige said...

Happy anniversary! Looks like it was a fun getaway, but then again you guys seem to have fun wherever you are!

Cristin said...

I thought that hotel room looked really fun until I saw the scary pirate guys on the wall. How creepy looking!