Friday, August 20, 2010

The "Dave" Concert

*We're playing catch-up on our posting so if you've missed our last few posts make sure you scroll down!*

On Tuesday we got to go to the "Dave" Concert at Usana with our good friends, Jimmy & Becca. They got 4 tickets and invited us to go with them. Thanks, guys! We all decided it was easier to just say we were going to see "Dave" because it was faster to say than Dave Matthews Band or even DMB :). Yes, we are that lazy sometimes. We weren't allowed to bring cameras in (although we saw about 20 people sitting around us with cameras they snuck in). But luckily Jimmy's phone had a pretty good camera, so we did what we could:

Us :)
Becca & Jimmy
We totally had a blast, even if I didn't act like it a lot of the time (picture me sitting with my nose plugged & a blanket over my face). Unfortunately because Usana is an outside venue, people are allowed to smoke. Thus:

Cigarette smoke
+
super sensitive pregnancy nose
=
not so happy times

I did pretty good through most of the concert, and luckily my concert buddies would warn me if the smell came on strong to them before I caught wind of it. I did end up throwing up in the grass toward the end tho. Yuck! Man! I hate that! Oh well. You'd think that with being 18 weeks along now the sickness would be going away. Either way, it is SO worth it!! :)

A positive thing was that I saw like 4 people I went to high school with & Dar saw some people he knew too. One of the friends I saw lives pretty close by, and he & his wife came and sat with us. They were only a couple blankets away from us when he saw me anyway. Small world! We also got to say hi to our good friend, Anna, who was sitting a little closer up but came to say hi to us. We seriously had a great time!!

*On a funny note* I read on the website that Usana vendors only accept cash, and knowing that they'd be expensive anyway we were trying to find a quick place to stop for dinner before the concert. I was keeping my eyes peeled for a Sonic--since my stomach & nose aren't okay with meat right now (especially red meat) I enjoy a good Sonic grilled cheese sandwich and tater-tots when we're catching some quick food. We were getting closer to Usana & hadn't stopped for food yet, so I casually say: "It would seriously be heaven if there was a Sonic on this street." Lo and behold, before we reach the very next light like 5 seconds after I said that I spot on Sonic!! No joke. It was hilarious!! We all got a kick out of the irony of the situation & enjoyed our Sonic dinner before getting to the concert. :)

3 comments:

Kenley and Mel said...

I love the outdoor concerts like that. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. Sorry you got sick, like you said, at least it was at the end. And again, congrats about the baby!!! I really am so happy for you. Kenley also says congrats. I showed him your blog announcing the exciting news and he loved the lil shirts and everything. You guys are so creative. Good luck with the morning sickness, hopefully it starts getting better. We miss you guys!

dre said...

Hey buddy,

Glad you had fun at Dave, usually USANA allows cameras into their concerts unless the artist specifies otherwise. I snuck a camera in (very uncomfortably) and found out it's okay. You are not allowed to take video footage, but people still are anyway.

Also USANA is a smoke-free venue with designated smoking areas. As a concerned consumer of their product you should write a letter to complain. Especially since you threw up. Compare second hand smoke to second hand throw up!
Call 801.355.5522 and write in http://www.usana-amp.com/venue/contact_us Also the TRUTH pays quite a bit of money to sponsor so you can also say how disappointed you are that they have a sponsorship with the TRUTH and allow smoking. Seriously, let them have it, or pregnant women everywhere will puke in the grass.

And I've lived in SLC for 5 years so feel free to call me anytime you are looking for something. I'm a pro around these parts!

Janice said...

I am glad to see that you are having fun! The morning sickness thing can be a real pain but you are right when you say that it is worth it. I am soooooo excited for you and please keep me updated ok? I really haven't fallen off the face of the earth although sometimes is feels like it!!! Love and miss you! Take care!!!