Monday, August 30, 2010

Dakoda's Blessing Day

On Saturday D & I went up to spend the day with my family for Dakoda's blessing. She is seriously one of the most mellow babies I have ever seen & such a joy to be around. We were so happy to be able to participate & to see lots of family and friends. I was also reminded of how grateful I am that my sweet husband holds the priesthood & is worthy to use it--I love you, D!

Miss Koda Bug, we're so glad we have you in our lives! We love you!
Happy Family :)
Bri, Mike & Dakoda
In her blessing dress. They started taking pictures of her in her white dress on top of a white table cloth. Sillies. So I gave them a yellow blanket to put under her so she didn't blend in so much. This is the same blessing dress Hannah wore when she was blessed.
Such a happy girl! And she was so good during the blessing. My dad peaked at her & said she took her headband off & was swinging it around & nearly whipped it at someone in the circle. He said he had to close his eyes again really fast so he didn't start laughing. :)
After the blessing we went back to my parents house so D could help move the really cool playhouse my parents have over to Bri's house. What an ordeal! Luckily they had lots of help.

Getting it set up to move.
D putting his back into it :)
Moving it over the lip of concrete
Having too much fun ;)
Liam & Hannah stayed out of the way by playing on Gramps's motorcycle, & Hannah sang songs to me using the curtain rods from the playhouse as her microphone :)
Getting it set up on the trailer
And once we got it over to Bri & Mike's, Bri was a ton of help! ;)
Thanks again for a nice visit, family! We love you!

1 comment:

Jared & Tracee said...

She is SOOOO cute! I can't believe how big she is already!! What was the point of moving the playhouse?