Monday, August 2, 2010

The announcement we've all been waiting for: Our Sticky-Bun

Yes, folks. It has FINALLY happened!! After 5 years of marriage (our anniversary is next Thursday), the Darwin & Kiara Deming family is expanding!!! You heard me right.

WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!!!

We are extremely excited, of course!! We are definitely ready for this to happen, and feel immensely blessed that our prayers & the prayers of many of our loved ones have been answered! (Thanks to you all for your faith and prayers--you know who you are!)

I'm sure you've all heard the term "Bun in the oven." Well, we decided with our situation we're calling this little nugget our Sticky-Bun. With having had a miscarriage, we figured the name was appropriate because we're really hoping this one "sticks". We're so grateful to be past the riskiest point of pregnancy, and we're now looking forward to having the morning sickness subside (it didn't kick in until 12 weeks for me).

I had an early 7 week ultrasound. It was a HUGE relief to be able to see our little Sticky-Bun & an even bigger relief to hear the baby's heartbeat. We heard the heartbeat again at 10 weeks and then again this morning. We're extremely happy that this one is sticking so far and have our fingers crossed that we'll go all the way to full term.
It's blurry, but that's our baby 8 weeks ago!
9 week tummy shot
15 weeks, and just starting to show a little bit. I look awful in the picture, so just ignore my face, please!
(I read something that said to wear the same shirt when you take tummy shots because it's easier to see the change. Anyone else heard that?)
We told our families around 12ish weeks along. We made personalized onesies for our parents & wrapped them up as gifts. They loved them, of course :) We tried to keep the onesies as gender-neutral as possible but still make them personal for each of our parents.
The onesies for Dar's parents
The onesies for my parents
So now for the info:

We're 15 weeks along.

The baby is due January 22, 2010.

We have our next ultrasound date scheduled for August 30th and should find out the gender then.

We already have our names picked out, but we're not sharing yet ;) We've had them picked out from very early on in our marriage, and we're excited we finally get to use one!

Yes, I have been sick, but not too bad. Not nearly as bad as my bestest friend, Tracee, was who is also pregnant and due just 10 weeks before us! Yay!! They're hoping we have a girl so our little girl can marry their little boy & we'll officially be family rather than just adopted family :) For the most part I feel great! Except for when my nose gets offended, things tend to be just fine.

We're really looking forward to welcoming our Sticky-Bun when January rolls around, but please continue to pray for us! I honestly believe that every time a new little one is born it is truly a miracle, and we're still praying for our little miracle.

25 comments:

Cassie said...

Wow I am SOOOO excited for you! You will make a fantastic mother!

Robins Family said...

CONGRATS!!! That is so awesome! I love the idea of wearing the same shirt for the tummy photos!! Im very excited for you guys!

Paige said...

Yay, yay, yay!!! Congrats!! Dan and I are thrilled for you both! I'm glad you haven't been too sick and that all is well thus far. Our little ones will be close together--we'll have to do a playdate. Again, congratulations!

P.S. I pulled up your blog and Natalia saw your picture and said, "Oh, she's pretty!"

Cristin said...

I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to hear more updates. I think that taking a picture with the same shirt on is a good idea, except you know around 39 weeks it probably won't even fit around your belly, right? :)

Dan/Kealy said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you guys! Cute idea with the onesies-the picture of your mom is great :) Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Erin said...

Yea!!! What wonderful news! I'm so happy for you both :)

Beverly L. Royer said...

Congratulations! Best of luck to you!

Christy said...

congrats to you guys! that is great news! (and those onesies are so cute.)

The Lape Family said...

I am so glad that you finally posted something. I was starting to wonder if you were doing o.k.. Glad to see that you are. We are going camping on the weekend of the 14th the kids (and Ron and I) wanted to know if you wanted to come. Let's us know if you can come.

sheena and chris pointer said...

congrats kids are a blessing i have three and they are a joy to have

BusyMama said...

YES YES YES! That made my day. :)

Justin & Denice said...

I am so happy for you!!! I know how nerve racking it is. I can't wait till you can start feeling baby move around. That's I think when it hits you that the baby is okay and doing good! Again I'm so happy for you two!

Lora said...

EEEKKK!! I'm so happy for you! What amazing news!!! Good luck with everything!!

Jenny M said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! I love your parents reaction photo. They look absolutely full of joy. I'm so happy for you guys! I'll send my prayers your way...

Sara Kappas said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys, having a baby brings so much love to a family!

Jennie-O said...

congrats to you both. I know you will be the greatest parents ever. I think it's cute how you told your parents the great news! Best of luck to you both! xoxox

Kirsten said...

Yeah! Congrats! We're due January 14 so that'll be fun to have them around the same time! I won't find out until September simply because that's how my appointments fell. Can't wait to hear what you're having!

Snow family said...

YEA!!! We are so happy for the two of you!!! You will make wonderful parents! Congratulations!!!

Natalie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You two are going to be AMAZING parents. I am so so happy for you!!

Lisa said...

I am soooo very excited and happy for you guys! You are going to be wonderful parents!!!! :D YIPPPPPEEEEE! I hope sticky bun keeps your current due date because that's my b-day :D

Nicole said...

Ahhhh!!!! We're SOOO excited for you guys!!! The first thing Jeff said when I told him is "They are going to be such awesome parents" And it's so true...you are two of the most fun, incredible people. What a lucky baby to come to your home. We just couldn't be more thrilled. PS. we really need to get together!

Nicole said...

Ahhhh!!!! We're SOOO excited for you guys!!! The first thing Jeff said when I told him is "They are going to be such awesome parents" And it's so true...you are two of the most fun, incredible people. What a lucky baby to come to your home. We just couldn't be more thrilled. PS. we really need to get together!

Missy said...

YAY!!!! I am so excited for you guys! I will be watching the blog closely for updates. Especially on the 30th.

Shaylee said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys.

Elisa and Tyler said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I need to be in the blogging world more because I SOOOOO did not know this!!!! I ran into your parents in July and I am guessing they did not know yet, because they did not tell me!! I am so dang excited for you guys! I honestly can not think of a better couple to be parents!! CONGRATULATIONS!! I am seriously just so excited for you!! Love ya!