Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It's a . . .

GIRL!!!!
To be honest, I was a little surprised because I was thinking it was a boy more than a girl, but we are totally excited to be having a girl. We went for our ultrasound yesterday afternoon, and it was such an incredible experience to see our little one & to know that there's really a baby in there :) I couldn't help but shed a few tears of joy at seeing the little baby we'll be welcoming into our family at the beginning of the new year. We are totally stoked that it's a girl & can't wait to see her beautiful face! (Not to mention we're tempted to start making wedding plans with our best friends already because they're expecting a baby boy in November! So fun.)

Profile picture.
We couldn't get a good shot of her face because she was covering it with her hand the whole time. We did get to see her open and close her hand though :)

Her dainty little legs crossed at the ankles.
Talk about being scrunched! Her knees were at her nose! No wonder babies are so flexible when they're so tiny. They have to be :)
Me at 19 weeks - still doing okay without maternity clothes so far!
After the tech took the gender picture she had a student look for the rest of the stuff they needed and as she was looking around for other pictures the tech had the student stop because she got an even better shot and said that it was "textbook girl." She said this one will definitely NOT being coming out a boy. Haha. What's even more exciting than knowing she's a girl is knowing that she's healthy and things are going well. It's such a relief!! It was so cool to see the 4 chambers of her little heart and to get to look at her beautiful little brain. I'm so glad ultrasounds are so much more clear than they used to be and that I was able to pick out what we were looking at most of the time :)

We do have a name picked out--but we still have plenty of time to change our minds so it's still not set it stone, although D keeps singing her name to her already :) The name we're seriously considering for our little munchkin is Aurora Nicole. D picked out Aurora and I picked out Nicole. I think it has a nice ring to it. D keeps singing to my stomach, "Hail to the princess, Aurora" from the Disney movie Sleeping Beauty, which just happens to be my favorite Disney princess movie. I think it's so cute and love that he's in love with her already! Aurora Nicole is a different name than we've been planning on because we felt the other name we've been wanting for years has become too popular for our liking. It was the same thing with the boy name we were planning on originally. I also think that Rori is a cute nickname for our little one.

I started feeling her move pretty much right at 16 weeks. We were sitting in Sacrament meeting at church & then I felt her move again later that same evening and her kicks are getting stronger and more frequent now. Last night was also amazing because D got to feel her move for the first time!! It made me cry again :) I've been trying to get him to feel her move for a while now but just figured it was too early. And every time I'd have him come feel she'd stop moving. Little stinker. But last night around 9:00 she gave him a good kick and he was finally able to recognize it. Yay! What a good day. We are extremely happy and totally excited to have this little one in our family!!

13 comments:

Christy said...

YAY! congrats! little girls are so much fun. love the name.

Carrie Richins said...

YAY!!! Congratulations, I'm so excited for you! I was pretty sure Audrey would be a boy but now I'm so glad she wasn't! Have fun buying lots of pink, frilly things!!

P.S. I love the name you've picked, it's so cute!!

Paige said...

Congrats! How fun! Little girls are the best. Tell Darwin to be prepared to visit the pink aisle A LOT. You are so tiny for 20 weeks!

Justin & Denice said...

Congrats! Girls are the best!!! She is going to be beautiful just like her mommy!

Kirsten said...

That's a really cute name and I LOVE the nickname!! I find out on Friday what it is! Woohoo! Congrats!

Lora said...

Horray! Not that I know any different but girls are the best!!

Very cute name- Plus it's a perfect astronomy name, so very fitting! =) I'm so happy she is healthy and doing so well!
Congrats!!

ps-you look darling pregnant!

Jared & Tracee said...

YAY for a girl, I am SOOO glad that D finally was able to feel her. Its fun to acutally use the "her" instead of "it". YAY for wedding plans!! :)

Nicole said...

CONGRATS!!! Oh we are SO thrilled for you both! I love all the detail of your post..and I absolutely LOVE the name. (not that I'm biased, oh wait, I am, ha) Her nickname is just so adorable too! Love you guys!

Shaylee said...

How exciting! Little girls are so much fun (as I'm sure little boys are too). You look great!

Sara Kappas said...

Congratulations, little girls are so much fun! I love the name Aurora Nicole, so cute! We are so happy for you guys!

Georgiana said...

Aurora!? Are you kidding me? I LOVE it. Such a beautiful name. I hope it makes the final cut.

Dan/Kealy said...

Congrats! And I love the name!

Elisa and Tyler said...

YAY!!!! CONGRATS!! YOu will LOVE having a girl! I sure love mine! I am so excited for you!!!