Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back to School

It's that time of year again. Yep. Unfortunately. Summer flew by WAY too fast for my liking, but I am glad that D and I were able to do the stuff together that we did & I am glad that he was able to finish up his masters degree (with a straight 4.0 GPA!). I'm glad that we've been able to work in our garden and that we're now harvesting the works of our labors.

Although I still don't feel ready to have D back at school teaching, I am so very grateful that he has a steady job with great hours. I'm glad I get to have him home in the evenings (most nights) and that he always has the weekends off. I am so very grateful that he has a job that can support both of us so I don't have to work. I'm also grateful for the raise he gets this year because of completing his MS degree!! Yay!! I know our family will be blessed because his job will allow me to stay home and take care of our kids. I am grateful that he appreciates the things I do at home, even if I'm still not used to having so much down time & feel lazy because I'm not as busy as I used to be with going to school and working part-time. (Any suggestions for hobbies I should pick up?) Even though I wish I could have him with me 24-7, I am grateful he has a job that he loves & that he works with people he likes. I'm glad his job is rewarding for him & that most of his students think he's the best thing that's happened to their school ;)

Thank you, baby, for your hard work and sacrifice to go to work to provide sufficient living for our family. I'm so very thankful for everything you do!! I love you!!

xo

1 comment:

The Lape Family said...

I say for a hobby how about finding recipes you really want to try. I just found a new cinnamon roll recipe. Robby has been begging for them. We will have them for breakfast tomorrow morning. I have found a lot of good recipes this way.