Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Everyone needs one.

There was one thing I insisted on having when we knew we were expecting a baby--a nice, comfy rocking chair. I planned to use it frequently for night-time feedings, story time, rocking the munchkin to sleep, and just cozy-rocking-chair-time with the baby. My sweet hubby made my wish come true by getting me this little beauty:
I seriously LOVE this chair. When we're up with the baby at night and sit in the chair to rock her, she calms down immediately...most of the time. But the thing that's even more comforting than a cozy rocking chair is a creaky rocking chair. Right? There's something about it's melody that reminds people of their childhood and makes them feel at peace. The one thing we didn't expect with this chair was creaking. Sure enough, the chair doesn't creak, but we still get that comforting feeling that comes with a creaky rocking chair. See for yourself!
(*Sidenote: She's doing the same thing now as I hold her in my arm and type this post one-handed.)

I personally think A's creaky rocking chair noises by far surpass the creaking actually coming from the chair. We seriously can't get enough of this adorable little girl who just happens to be ours!! Thanks for making us smile, precious princess!

4 comments:

Lora said...

That's hilarious! I'm serious kids are non-stop laughter! I love the chair! 100% Agreed there is nothing better!

Stacey said...

the rocking chair was my one splurge too....and it was soo worth it! the baby is sooo cute!!

Jared & Tracee said...

wow, what a chair! Nice job on a dark color, you will be glad you did later on down the road!!! Such a cute video. I have on my phone P doing almost the same thing. He would sigh every exhale!!! So cute. P is actually starting to make the cute baby sounds. Just wait, its even more fun!!!!

Paige said...

I just saw your comment! I can't tell if this is the same thing as Hayden. Does she do it all the time? She is adorable! Dan was laughing at this and saying we should get the two of them together to "saw logs with each other." :)