Friday, January 7, 2011

Sleep Talking

I know this is random, but I really wanted to get this recorded down while I still remember and still have some free time on my hands. :)

D & I are both sleep-talkers. We honestly haven't caught each other talking in our sleep in a while, but when we do we can get some pretty funny stuff out of each other. Here's a couple of our funny ones, and maybe they're just funny to us, but that's okay!

This is one of my funny ones, where D was awake and prompting the conversation:
K: Open scratch.
D: Huh?
K: Open scratch!
D: What's open scratch?
K: You know. Like in playing pool.
-I then woke up enough at this point to realize he was prompting me to talk in my sleep and that's the only time I've ever been angry at him. I really was just embarrassed. We'd only been married for a short time when this one happened. We laugh about it all the time now though, and will randomly say "open scratch" to each other. :)

Here's one of D's funnies from probably a year ago where I was awake and prompting the conversation:
D: Katrina wanted the particles.
K: Hmm?
D: Katrina wants the particles...In different layers...But they were going too fast...In different layers going down the stream. Mmm. Tired. (Then he kissed me.)
K: I know, babe. It's late.
-And he fell right back to sleep. I got out of bed and wrote that one down because I thought it was so funny! :)

It's amazing what our minds put together while we're asleep sometimes. One of my favorite things to study while working on my Behavioral Science degree was sleep patterns and sleep disorders. It's amazing how our bodies really don't function well when we're running on lack of sleep. But D & I sure like to catch each other talking in our sleep! Anyone else have funny stories?

P.S. D took that photo of the moon back in May 2009 at our family reunion through the lens of his telescope. Pretty cool, eh?

No comments: